PDA

View Full Version : Show sat... Need a few tips for rain.

samiam513
05-01-2003, 10:07 AM
Sat I will be showing the stang. Only catch.. It is daily driven, and It is raining for 3 days before the show!! AHHHHH!!!!

I Sat morning I halfto drive the stang to take the SAT`s, then to the show.. About 120 miles in all! When I get to the show the weather should still be rainy, so I need a way to clean up the car. How?

How should I present the car in the rain?

Rain, or no rain the show goes on....

chris0626
05-02-2003, 08:19 AM
I know what ya mean, and it is a bummer. I had to do the same thing in Galveston last fall. Got there early. Found a DIY wash bay (Of course, no normal folks are using those on a rainy day -- only Autopians!) and did all I could in that protected space. Then got to the show and gave her a last wipedown. The interesting thing (and maybe a stroke of luck for you) is that it seems to me that any flaws are less obvious in the rain. I`m sure others here will have more helpful tips.

C. Charles Hahn
05-02-2003, 08:32 AM
keep a car cover on everything but the windshield.... :o

I would say that over the time period that you have available, any time there is a break in the rain be sure to rinse everything down with fresh (clean/clear) water, which will minimize the buildup of grit on the surface. That will make cleaning much easier once you get to the show. Then at the show I would just try to use like a trigger-wash product (QEW maybe even) and let that be it. One nice thing about rain is you don`t have to worry about tire dressing, the rain will make the tires look dressed regardless!

chris0626
05-03-2003, 08:14 AM
Here it is, Saturday already. Be sure and let us know how it goes, samiam513. I`m sending ya good-luck vibes.