PDA

View Full Version : Detailing tips

Ryan328is
05-01-2003, 07:14 AM
Hi there,

I`ve just joined these forums today and hope to be here for a long time. I`m addicted to detailing my BMW.

I had her diamondbrited when I bought her a year ago and was happy with the results until recently where I`ve been using One Grand`s Omega Glaze and Blitz wax.

These products are brilliant, I wish I never bothered with the diamondbrite. If you follow the link on my signature you`ll see pic`s of my car. I`ve also put them in the members gallery.

At the moment This is what I use on my paint.

1. Wash with meguiars soft wash gel

2. Dry with autoglym blade and terry towel

3. Apply scratch X to any swirls if required

4. Apply Omega glaze

5. Apply Blitz wax

Is there anything I`m doing wrong or does anyone have any tips on how to improve my paint.

I`ve also got Autoglym super resin and extra gloss protection in my garage, should I be using these before I glaze and wax.

Other products I use are:

Simonz tyre slick - Easy application and lasts for ever!

Autoglym bumper care - again easy application and long lasting.

Autoglym glass polish - Smells bad (lol!) but great results

Rain X - very good effect when driving at speed in the rain.

Meguiars foam applicators - best applicator I`ve used.

Thank`s in advance for any advice,

Ryan

Accumulator
05-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Ryan328is - Welcome to Autopia! Nice BMW. I don`t know if the Autoglym would make an improvement over the One Grand regimen, but I`d say give it a try the next time the car needs doing. I really like the SRP! BUT..be sure to really remove any swirls, the Autoglym stuff won`t fill them like the Omega does.

I WOULD get some MF towels, though. Waffle-weaves to dry, plush for polish/wax removal.

Lowejackson
05-01-2003, 11:16 AM
The Autoglym is neither better or worse than One Grand, it gives a different type of shine. The Autoglym also lasts a lot longer. You can mix the two products, for example, Resin+Gloss + Blitz or Resin+Blitz.

I dont know if you have seen the Dr Wack stuff from www.Iauto.co.uk - a nice range of products - similar to the P21S range which is talked about a lot on this forum. The Wack shampoo is the best one I have tried, apart from Zanio, but that needs to be imported from the USA.

Accumulator is right, get some MF towels for drying the car. You cannot have enough MF towels when working on your car

Steven