PDA

View Full Version : I think I have go it!

imported_kgb
05-01-2003, 07:09 AM
Ok, for a black car I want to do these steps right?

P21S GEPC then Poorboy`s EX Sealant, then top it all off with P21S Carnuba Wax. I have searched and searched on here and think this is the best way but I want to make sure. Of course before I do this I will clay and do I have to use a wax remover too?

Accumulator
05-01-2003, 10:53 AM
2001civicex - The GEPC should clean the surface without the need for a wax remover. I think your plan will work well.

imported_kgb
05-01-2003, 11:24 AM
what about polish or is that a polish too? to hide swirls and stuff i mean.

Accumulator
05-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Well, the GEPC IS a polish, but it`s SO mild it won`t do much, if anything, for swirls, and I didn`t notice any real filling ability either. Better use something sorta aggressive to really REMOVE them first. Maybe DACP or PI-III or any Griot`s Machine Polishes you have around.

imported_kgb
05-01-2003, 12:03 PM
awesome! will do! thanks!

imported_kgb
05-05-2003, 09:07 AM
Ok wait a second. So I would strip the wax, clay bar, use Griot`s polish, then p21s, then poorboy`s, then p21s carnuba? And the black car will shine like crazy? I am doing another black Civic this week so I am just making sure.

Jademonkey
05-05-2003, 10:19 AM
The clay will strip the wax. Your steps should be:

Wash

Clay

Polish

P21s GEPC

Sealent

P21s Wax

imported_kgb
05-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Jademonkey

The clay will strip the wax. Your steps should be:

Wash

Clay

Polish

P21s GEPC

Sealent

P21s Wax

Perrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect! Thanks guys

Accumulator
05-05-2003, 11:44 AM
NOT to butt heads with Jademonkey, but I don`t find that clay strips wax or sealant to an appreciable degree :nixweiss A lot of it might have to do with which clay, what lube, how used, etc., etc. Lots of variables; experiences seem to vary. I just wouldn`t RELY on clay to remove wax. BTW, Griot`s claims that their clay, used with Spee Shine will NOT remove their BOs wax.

2001civicex- Jademonkey`s sequencing is absolutely correct. You`ll really like the results.

BTW, there are a lot of recent posts about REMOVING whatever`s currently on the finish prior to using something new (and Griot`s makes a big deal out of it so they can sell their Paint Prep). If you`re using a SMR/paint cleaner/etc. this shouldn`t REALLY be a big concern. It`s just one more (very thin) thing being "cleaned" off the paint.