PDA

View Full Version : Wash after SMR?

Porterhouse
04-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Well I just finished using #9 on my car and decided to call it a day. Now i`m wondering if its necessary to wash the car after using an SMR... Some people say yes others say no, I`m confused :rolleyes: What are your thoughts? Also, if I should wash, should I use dawn or regular car soap? Thanks!

imported_BretFraz
04-29-2003, 10:39 PM
Why wash? What`s you plan after the SMR? That will dictate a wash or not.

YoSteve
04-29-2003, 10:44 PM
hey it`s bret, whazzup?

IMO, I think you should, only because I don`t care for SMR residue (cause it`s an abrasive).

If you`re going to clay, then there`s clay and QD residue (that I would then recommend you wash off).

If you`re using a synthetic wax then having a perfect pallette is key to having it work right (you don`t want to mess with the reaction)...which is why I don`t QD with Klasse (not that many haven`t gotten success with, say M.FI)

I would wash, with regular car wash.

Scottwax
04-29-2003, 10:49 PM
If you want to make sure all the swirls are gone, then yes, wash the car. If you just filled them in, it will be pretty apparent when you wash it down. Otherwise, what you can do is go over the car with a spray bottle of distilled water and use it like a QD to make sure no residue is left before waxing.

Porterhouse
04-29-2003, 11:29 PM
ok so far i did dawn, clay, dawn, and #9. I`m planning to put on UPC and then a few coats of UPP. So i guess i should go ahead and wash so that i can reveal any swirls. Thanks guys! I`ll post pics as soon as i`m done.