PDA

View Full Version : what do ya think

blackMB
04-29-2003, 06:59 PM
hey there, new here and need some help from you fine folks if you don`t mind. what do ya think of this plan.after i clay with clay magic i was going to use #9 then SEC then S100. i have a black 2003 mercedes c240. it`s in pretty good shape just a few swirls and a couple lite scratches.i don`t know if i need any other steps maybe you guys could set me straight. thanks:)

imported_BretFraz
04-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Welcome :wavey

Your plan looks good to me. The Benz should come out very nice. Make sure you detail the wheels, tires, trim, glass, interior, etc.

The light scratches may not come out with the #9 so consider buying some Scratch X or similar to remove them. But try the #9 and see if it`ll do the trick.

Good luck!!

shaf
04-29-2003, 08:28 PM
Welcome to Autopia MB Bob! :welcome

And what Bret said. :xyxthumbs

Patrick
04-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Sounds like a treat !

Post pics of your work following !

Black definetly takes a lil extra effort, so take your time. I like to do my cars in thirds i.e. Hood, and front fenders...roof and doors...then deck and rear panels....That way im always completing a portion of the car, and it doesnt get overwhelming, (thia helps when your doing Expeditions and Sub`s)plus if i dont like the results after a certain phase, I havent done the entire car !

Welcome btw....:wavey

blackMB
04-30-2003, 11:18 AM
thanks for the replys. one more question if i may. as far as puting on the SEC. should i do that with a foam pad or PC.

imported_BretFraz
04-30-2003, 11:25 AM
I apply SEPC with a PC and a polishing pad. Work it in fully and the car will look great.