PDA

View Full Version : Question for mobile detailers

ByndCln
04-29-2003, 04:22 PM
How far are you willing to travel to do a vehicle. The reason I ask is one of my new customers wants to give her mom a deatil from me for mothers day. The mother lives 2 hours away from me (one direction). Since I am new and need a good customer base (she lives in a rich area) I will most likely do it. My second part to the question is, should I add a charge to the deatil price for the drive. I was thinking about adding $20 for the drive. Please let me know if this seems catty. thank you

:nixweiss

meGrimlock
04-29-2003, 04:30 PM
I would cahrge her a per mile rate. When I run errands for work, I get paid 37.5 cents per mile. 20 bucks will barely cover gas.

ByndCln
04-29-2003, 05:12 PM
thanks. I know the $20 dollars wouldn`t cover gas since I drive a Dakota.lol. would it be better to roll the gas price into the detail price i.e., If the daughter syas she wants $200 wrth of deatiling, do I do what I would usually do for $140, or should I do the $200 dollar detail and than ask for the mileage on top of that. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

ByndCln
04-29-2003, 05:13 PM
By the way. The daughter that I detailed for lives over an hour away in another direction. I didn`t charge gas mileage,but I now have a repeat customer. She wants her truck done even more,and wants her soon to be sold truck looking as good as possible (Much work in that,taking it home for a week.).

detailbarn
04-29-2003, 06:20 PM
I use to be mobile when I started out and from time to time I do still go mobil for the right car. Two hours is a bit far so I would charge enough to cover your travel time and gas. I would say 40-50 cents a mile is fair. Take note that you maybe moving you operations to this location if you get enough of a demand for your services. You may also think about scheduling one week a month to go out and take care of your regular clients. Good luck with your new venture.