PDA

View Full Version : Who uses 3M PI-III Finishing Glaze?

imported_jgv
04-29-2003, 03:51 PM
How do you compare it to other products? #7? HP?

MnRiverman
04-29-2003, 04:21 PM
I`ve heard good things about it, but I didn`t keep mine because it has wax in it, and the only time I use a glaze is on new paint.

imported_jgv
04-29-2003, 04:37 PM
It has wax? What kind of wax? like in Megs speed glaze?

Thanks

imported_memnuts
04-29-2003, 04:53 PM
If you are talking about 3M Perfect-It III Machine Glaze (051131-05937), it works great. It is a non - filling SMR. Which means it eliminates the swirl. Meg#7 is a Swirl filling product. It is a easy product to use by machine and produced an excellent gloss. I am going to do some tight / complex areas ( rear bumper and rear fascia later this week by hand. It eliminated all the swirls caused by the High-Cut and Fine Cut 3M products I used to perfect my finish. I followed the PI-III mac glaze with P21S GEPC prior to applying some protectant ( Poorboy`s EX and Souveran).

There is no wax in this product. :wavey

imported_jgv
04-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Maybe it`s the same product. The one I bought today has the code 09377, and they call it Finishing Glaze. http://cms.3m.com/cms/GB/en/2-29/rzcFEU/view.jhtml

imported_memnuts
04-29-2003, 05:08 PM
No they are different. See here http://products3.3m.com/catalog/uk/en002/auto_marine_aero/automotive_aftermarket/node_7Q0QN49M7Fbe/root_K3BHNB8005gv/vroot_CB1HCVHLJMge/gvel_WVGXTW9PWXgl/theme_uk_aad_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

imported_jgv
04-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Thanks.

The one I have is that one, the Finishing Glaze. Can I assume it`s a pure glaze? Just to give `long lasting` shine? So it`s compatible with Megs #7, not?

imported_memnuts
04-29-2003, 05:18 PM
3Mâ„¢ Perfect-itâ„¢ III Finishing Glaze

A machine or hand applied glaze which produces the ultimate gloss. Supplied as 1Kg bottle with flip-top pourer to save wastage.

Additional Information

For a showroom finish with ultimate protection, Perfect-itâ„¢ III Finishing Glaze produces an unequalled, deeper and longer lasting gloss. Economical and cost-effective, it can be applied either by machine on a Perfect-it D/A Glazing Pad, or by hand with a 3Mâ„¢ Scotch-Briteâ„¢ High Performance Cloth.

I am not sure if I would trust a "glaze" for protection. 3M`s website is rather short on info so it is hard to tell if there is any wax in your product.

This product I have is so new that it is not even listed on their website.

My body shop supply outlet turned me on to it this past week-end and stated that it replaces via improvement the color designated SMR`s.

MnRiverman
04-29-2003, 05:34 PM
They call it a glaze with protection because it has carnauba wax in it.

It`s in the ingredients. I bought some a month ago but returned it after I found out.

I mean I don`t see an issue with it if you are just looking for a glaze - but this stuff is rather expensive. I bought the Mothers Sealer & Glaze and it worked great for the little I needed to use it, and it was only 6 bucks.

- Anthony

imported_jgv
04-29-2003, 06:01 PM
How did you know it has carnauba? It`d be great to be topped by EX.

MnRiverman
04-29-2003, 08:42 PM
They call it a glaze with protection because it has carnauba wax in it.

It`s in the ingredients. I bought some a month ago but returned it after I found out.