PDA

View Full Version : Which Wash mitt for me?

Pages : [1] 2 3

nonwelder
04-29-2003, 03:25 PM
I have been browsing the Autopia store for the last few days, looking for some wash, mitts, and towels. My only confusion is which wash mitt to buy. I am torn between MF, sheep, or just cotton. Any suggestions on this matter?

Thanks,

Brett

imported_Dude
04-29-2003, 04:46 PM
I`d go with chenille or sheepskin. The long, plush fibers on these mitts pick up dirt and whisk it away from your paint. MF mitts, while soft, aren`t as plush, and hence keep the particles of dirt closer to your paint.

chris0626
04-29-2003, 04:51 PM
C`mon! You`re in Autopia now!! You buy one of each, use them, compare them, then post your findings! :D

shaf
04-29-2003, 08:06 PM
I still say sheepskin right now. I don`t like chenille myself, and I have a nice, fur-like MF mitt to test out next wash, so I`ll get back to you on that one! :D

:lol Lynn!

Spilchy
04-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Go for all of them!

MnRiverman
04-29-2003, 08:34 PM
I have a chenille and I think it`s great.

I am tempted to try a sheepskin... but who knows. :p

BoxsterCharlie
04-29-2003, 08:38 PM
I use MF and sheepskin. I like sheepskin the best, but it is a serious pain to dry (you have to let it dry overnight, then flip it inside out, and dry it again!). So I use sheepskin only when the car is real dirty, otherwise the MF is much more practical.

BradE
04-29-2003, 08:42 PM
I have recently starting using Sheepskin. I got rather tired of cotton, they seem to stay dirty and the only way to get them really clean is put them in the washing machine. Then the washer kills them. Plus, they are impossible to find and then you have to worry about does Cotton mean Cotton. :rolleyes:

So far, no swirls with real Sheepskin!

MnRiverman
04-29-2003, 08:44 PM
I`m so glad my new car is Silver. ;)

Give me some mud to wash the car with... swirls? Where! :D

imported_Infamous
04-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Swirls under bright lights!!! :)

shaf
04-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by BoxsterCharlie

I use MF and sheepskin. I like sheepskin the best, but it is a serious pain to dry (you have to let it dry overnight, then flip it inside out, and dry it again!). If you want to dry it out faster, use clothespins and hang it up in such a way that the insides are separated (not touching) from each other. The leather stays wet for a really long time if it doesn`t get any air on both sides. I usually hang mine from the cuff. HTH

kg/cm²
04-30-2003, 09:22 AM
Sheepskin user here...I actually don`t let it dry when I`m done with it...I just clean it and put it in a fresh bucket of water till my next usage...

cackleberry
04-30-2003, 09:28 AM
I have been very happy with sheepskin for years, never had any marring/swirl issues on my black car, but I haven`t yet tried a MF mit.

imported_Swamper
04-30-2003, 09:32 AM
Chenille, buy two and use the Jason two bucket wash method. One bucket was water, one bucket soap water. And rotate usind mitts or use one mitt for heavy area`s and one for light.

Paintxpert
04-30-2003, 10:50 AM
I used to use a cotton mitt, and then a MF mitt.

Then I tried a sheepskin mitt...

Guess what I am using now... :cool:

The sheepskin just glided on the paint so smoothly. Cant ever imagine a scratch or swirl appearing :)