PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Final Polish - Any tips

jsoto
04-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Just tried out Menzerna Final Polish this weekend. Is it just me or it is hard to buff this off. I used a grey pad and worked it in till it was almost dry and ready to buff off.

Tried to do a quick buff with MF but this stuff was tough. The combo I ended up doing was a quick followup of buffing it off with a spray of QD.

I started late in the day and the next day, I noticed I didn`t get all the scratches out BUT the paintwork is glass smooth...

wizardofahs
04-29-2003, 09:59 AM
abrasives that don`t buff off easy are tricky to use. After you finish buffing and get that near perfect shine, you are forced to go in there with your MFs and lots of agression and pressure to get that stuff off, thus leaving a good chance of marring the finish in the removal process.

imported_Greg
04-29-2003, 05:38 PM
I haven`t had a problem removing the final polish, the intensive, however was quite difficult. Make sure you weren`t applying too much and make sure your surface isn`t hot.

Mmmph
04-29-2003, 06:27 PM
I just ordered Menzerna Final Polish.

I`ve got 3M SMR and Meg`s #9 and #82 to use before it, so I didn`t buy the Intensive Polish.

Here`s some of the tips I picked up from our Mayor and members.

DavidB:

"You really need to follow the Intensive Polish with a good quantity of the Menzerna Finishing Polish using a grey pad. If you don`t use enough, you won`t get good results. Don`t allow the pad to dry."

"I tried a wide range of pads before coming up with the right combo. Also, I`m using a Porter Cable rotary, not my PC dual-action. As a note, I used EO Wet Wipe-N-Shine to dampen my pads prior to use. It provides good pad lubrication. I do not recommend running foam pads dry."

F 355:

"If you use Menzerna (as David states above) use plenty of lube. I used water but had to Heavily spray the pad with each application. This stuff really likes water and dries out fast so you have to keep the pad constantly moist. Would go with his comment of using QD instead of water.."

BlkonBlk

"The first time I used this polish I put way too much product on the pad and I thought it never would buff out. After that I put about a two-inch line of the product at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 o`clock positions on the finishing pad and applied it that way. I thought it worked beautifully. I followed it with a glaze and topped it with a carnuba. Good stuff...."

bjwebster

"I have tried menzerna final polish with great results. I worked it in real good with a rotary at about 1200 rpms, using a 3m waffle polishing pad. It left the surface very nice and glossy. On one vehicle, the residue removed with ease, but on another, it was a bit tough to buff off."

jgv:

"You just spray it w/ water and it buffs of easily."

X-MAN:

"I think the final polish is excellent I used a grey finishing pad & removal was simple with a MF. I also used a terry towell for removal.........like wiping off dust."

Reviews:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21331

http://www.autopia.org/review/censura.php?tsid=1&csid=7cb67ee085d3957da0095992d2582f65&cmd=details&itemid=249

Good luck.

jsoto
04-29-2003, 06:34 PM
I just wish I had better lighting. Unfortunately, I don`t have a garage and the only prime time right now is around 4ish. Anytime before that the sun is shining overhead making the surface too hot.

Mmmph, post your results when you have had a chance to use it.

I used a Grey Pad and used Mothers QD. It`s the only cheap QD I had as I just stocked up on Sonus and EF QD. It`s a shame after 2 days though....the pollen just had to stick to my car.

I topped it off with a coat of P21S knowing I`m going to try something new real soon.