PDA

View Full Version : No more hand SMR for me...

thevolvoguy
04-28-2003, 09:14 PM
I just picked up my PC 7336sp at Lowe`s, and now I have a few questions about pads.

First, which would be better for light SMR, a yellow or an orange pad? The orange pad apealed to me because the CMA site says you can use it for polishing/smr/waxing, instead of having 3 different pads. Is it too good to be true? How does the orange pad do with swirls?

Also, until I get my pads from CMA... is there anything wrong with using the white PC pad that was included with the buffer? It seemed to work fine with #9, and to my surprise it removed quite a bit of swirls on the 850.

Sorry Scott and other hand only pro`s... I think I must have gotten lazy. :p

CharlesW
04-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by thevolvoguy

... is there anything wrong with using the white PC pad that was included with the buffer? It seemed to work fine with #9, and to my surprise it removed quite a bit of swirls on the 850.

Although lots of people bash the white polishing pad that comes with the 7336, as you have found out, it isn`t all that bad. My white pad that was with my 7336 when I bought it last October is still in good condition and is used regularly with #9. It hasn`t disintegrated or damaged any paint and really doesn`t show much wear. It has only done a total of 5 complete cars and 1 minivan, but it has been used several times for swirl removal on smaller areas when needed. The Meguiar`s polishing pad I bought to replace it is still unused.

Charles

Jngrbrdman
04-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by thevolvoguy

Sorry Scott and other hand only pro`s... I think I must have gotten lazy. :p

Or you might have just gotten smarter. ;) Autopia does that to people sometimes. :xyxthumbs Have fun with your new toy. :)

Scottwax
04-28-2003, 11:06 PM
I`ll probably break down and get one too one of these days. A lot of my customers take their trucks hunting and they get scratched up pretty bad.

For normal two step paint work though, by hand would be faster for me.

bunker
04-28-2003, 11:18 PM
Funny, I had a lot more money in my pocket before I found Autopia

shaf
04-29-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by bunker

Funny, I had a lot more money in my pocket before I found Autopia :lol Yeah tell me about it! :p

Enjoy your new toy! :xyxthumbs

audio1der
04-29-2003, 08:20 AM
May I take this oprtunity to ask how much of an average behicle can be done, using a PC?

I know around my mirrors, bumper areas, etc. it would be impossibel; do you guys have to follow up by hand to get the hard to reach areas?

This is the only thing holding me back from buying a PC.

I have one of those generic 10" orbital polishers that I use only to remove hazed product, and understand the benefits and time savings of a PC, but am leary on applying produt with one. although I think it would do a more thorough job removing wirls and such.

Any input is appreciated, and volvoguy, please keep us updated on your learning curve with the new toy!

Thanks,

Audio