PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys use to dry?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 07:21 PM
Hey guys,

I`m currently using a combination of California Water Blade and 100% cotton towels to dry...

However, this weekend I noticed the cotton towels putting microscratches in a 2001 BMW 325ci that I detailed. The scratches were insignificant enough that they came out with a PC and Klasse AIO on a white CMA pad (yeah they were THAT small), but it still bugs me that they would do that.

I`m going to order some MF from JT International next week and I thought I might try a few MF Waffle Weave towels. I`ve heard good things about those for drying...

What are you guys using? Any recommendations to replace my cotton towels? I`d like to keep using the CWB...

Thanks!

imported_nowaterno
04-28-2003, 07:23 PM
CWB is an accident waiting to happen, IMHO. I only use waffle weave MF towels to dry now.

Mindflux
04-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by aiiee

CWB is an accident waiting to happen, IMHO. I only use waffle weave MF towels to dry now.

Yeppers, I use my CWB on my windows (if I remember) and Waffle Weave to dry :D

Spilchy
04-28-2003, 07:27 PM
On my good car I use Waffle MF`s / P21s drying towel combo.

On my other car I use a Baja synthetic chamois from Target and a regular Pak Shak MF. The Baja is great.

I cringe at those water blades. It seems wrong!

jmsc
04-28-2003, 07:34 PM
I use BBT and SBT or Charisma White Bath Towel (works well absorbing the H2O) or the new and very soft Autopian Grey Waffle Weave Towels.

I still use the P21S chamois but only for the exterior windows (works well without the lint).

This blotting technique that CarGuy introduced to Autopia years ago has really cut down on those clear coat scratches.

Pats300zx
04-28-2003, 07:35 PM
Pakshak Waffle Weave towel. Best thing I have used. I love this thing...:bounce

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by jmsc

This blotting technique that CarGuy introduced to Autopia years ago has really cut down on those clear coat scratches.

Please, do elaborate :)...

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 08:05 PM
OK, so I`m going to quit using my CWB, just in case. I`ve never had trouble with it and haven`t heard of any horror stories, but you guys are right...CYA (cover your ***!)...

With waffle weave MF`s, do I just blot the water? I`m assuming you would want to avoid running them over the surface of the paint, just in case...

Mindflux
04-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Ben Carufel

OK, so I`m going to quit using my CWB, just in case. I`ve never had trouble with it and haven`t heard of any horror stories, but you guys are right...CYA (cover your ***!)...

With waffle weave MF`s, do I just blot the water? I`m assuming you would want to avoid running them over the surface of the paint, just in case...

Ben, search for "carguy" `s posts, or "Perfect Drying Technique"

Mmmph
04-28-2003, 08:13 PM
I`ll be using my new Autopia Ultimate Drying Towels.

I picked them up @ 20% off during the four hour sale. :up

shaf
04-28-2003, 08:53 PM
Umm... I still use the CWB and it hasn`t caused me any swirls/scratches. :D Now that it`s been months and months since my last full detail the Klasse/wax on the paint is picking up spots, but even under the sodium lamps I don`t see any damage that could`ve come from using it since I only blade in certain directions. I use the CWB to get the large bulk amounts of water off quickly, then use something to blot off the remaining water.

I can be risky to use I suppose, but there are ways you can take precautions and reduce any risk.

imported_BretFraz
04-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Umm... I still use the CWB and it hasn`t caused me any swirls/scratches. :D Now that it`s been months and months since my last full detail the Klasse/wax on the paint is picking up spots, but even under the sodium lamps I don`t see any damage that could`ve come from using it since I only blade in certain directions. I use the CWB to get the large bulk amounts of water off quickly, then use something to blot off the remaining water.

I can be risky to use I suppose, but there are ways you can take precautions and reduce any risk.

I completely agree. I always use my CWB to dry and never have had a problem. I follow up by wiping down the car with a waffle weave. No probs at all.

If you guys saw me dry my car some of you would be terrified. But results speak for themselves.

shaf
04-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

I completely agree. I always use my CWB to dry and never have had a problem. YES!!! :spot :bow :bow

LOL :D

rd_volvo
04-28-2003, 10:35 PM
One Grand Water Sprite. Synthetic shamois that`s used by

many boaters.

Gather 95% of the water with the water sprite then QD

with a Fieldcrest terry towel.

ShishCoBob
04-28-2003, 10:58 PM
chamois