PDA

View Full Version : San Diegans...

Pages : [1] 2

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 04:39 PM
I found a neat little store today. I went to Tri-City Paint over on Miramar Road (about 1/2 mile from the 15) to get a pint of colormatched Alpinweiß II PPG paint for my car, and to my surprise they had a TON of detailing products.

I saw a full line of Megiuar`s DETAIL series products, the full (*full*) line of Meguiar`s tan-bottle Mirror Glaze products, a huge selection of Malco stuff, and another huge selection of 3M Professional packaged products (IHG, SMR, etc., in the black/tan bottles).

They also had at least one or two bottles of every Auto Glym product manufactured.

Unfortunately the prices are definitely on the high end of the MSRP spectrum. Not a rip off, but not the cheapest in the world. Service is great, and they do awesome paint mixing.

Just a heads-up. If you ever need something in a hurry (i.e. can`t order it online) you might want to check them out.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affilliated with Tri-City Paints. Today was the one and only time I`ve ever bought something from them. Just wanted to let you guys know :).

MBZ 500E
04-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Cool thanks for the heads up!

Just out of curiosity, isn`t the Autopia Web Store also based out of San Diego? I wonder if we can directly pic up products rather than pay for shipping. That might be another great source for us.

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Funny you mention that. I was browsing the Autopia webstore last night and noticed David`s voice mail is a 619 area code. I thought the same thing...maybe we can pick up products rather than have them shipped.

Also, we should put together an Autopia how-to session for San Diego people. I`m sure we have a few good, good pros on the board (including David) from SD...

FWIW the BMW Club of San Diego is having a tech session on Thursday night at Auto Beauty Products on Hancock Street. I`m a member...so I feel obligated to invite you guys :).

Bobby G
04-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Ben,

I may try to break away and make the club meeting. I should join anyway. I`ve been a member of the PCA, but I never joined the BMW club.

Do you have the address for ABP?

db

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 06:31 PM
David,

From the SDBMWCCA.com website:

May 1

Tech Session at Auto Beauty Products, 3455 Hancock Street (Sports Arena area). Starting at 6PM, demos of interior and exterior detail products, see what you can do to detail your car for the Clean Car Contest on the 18th of May. Pizza and drinks provided, limited seating - bring your own folding chair.

And I didn`t tell you this, but rumor has it that the first 40 or so people get free goodie bags ;)...

Are you the same David that was on Bimmerforums for a while?

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Oh and just so you guys with BMWs in San Diego know, I`m winning the clean car contest :)...

aorbeta
04-28-2003, 08:34 PM
whats this? san diegians WITH bimmers?? count me in!!:D

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 08:51 PM
LOL. Low there`s a HUGE San Diego population on Bimmerforums.com...

aorbeta
04-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Ben Carufel

LOL. Low there`s a HUGE San Diego population on Bimmerforums.com...

oh yeah..lots of local bimmer owners, but wasnt too sure on san diego autopians WITH bimmers :cool:

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 11:30 PM
Ahh I gotcha.

Yeah there`s a few Autopians with BMW`s from SD...

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 11:32 PM
BTW, what do you drive?

aorbeta
04-28-2003, 11:33 PM
2001 bmw 325i topaz blau ;)

Ben Carufel
04-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Cool. Are you a CCA member?

aorbeta
04-29-2003, 12:57 AM
member no. 292182:cool: :up - gotta love the CCA but ive never participated on any of the events nor attended...:(

Ben Carufel
04-29-2003, 01:17 AM
I`m # 300846.

Joined last September (bought the car in August) and I`ve been to a few tech sessions and other stuff like that, but it seems like before every autocross something goes wrong...September was tires, November was motor mounts, March was lower control arm bushings...and I`m out of town for the May 8 one :(.

Oh well...such is life. I`ll get to one sooner or later.

CCA does have great benefits, though. 10% on parts at the $tealership is nice...