PDA

View Full Version : What Order?

cuzacan
04-28-2003, 12:53 PM
I get a little intimidated posting here! I`m new at this. I read what you guys talk about all the time. I`m buying P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo, Klasse All in One and Glaze, P21S Paste Car Wax, P21S Multi-Surface Restorer and Sonus High Gloss Spritz. I`m not sure about the Sonus. It says it`s great with Klasse, but then I read that it`s not good over Canuba Wax. What Quick Detailer would be best to maintain a Klasse/P21S Paste/Klasse Glaze coat? Also, is that the order I should apply them? I think I remember David saying Klasse All In One, then Canuba Wax, then Glaze. More than one coat of glaze? Have you heard of Luster Detailer? It was descibed as more than a quick detailer. It says it removes bugs, tar, bird and sap and you can even spray on hot surfaces without any streaking even on black and red. Safe for all paint with or without clearcoat.

Thanks for you help.....I really appreciate it!

Dale :)

Cleanmaxx Brian
04-28-2003, 01:27 PM
Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

Then your wax...

Correct me if I am wrong!

shaf
04-28-2003, 02:43 PM
What condition is your car in? Usually it goes:

clay

polish

AIO

SG (multiple)

wax

cuzacan
04-28-2003, 08:32 PM
I haven`t gotten my car yet....it`s due 2nd week of June. 2003 Mini Cooper. I`d like to try and take of this car. So, wax last. I can`t remember where I read wax after AIO. I`ll try and find it.

Thanks Guys!

Oh almost forgot, how about the quick detailer? What do you prefer and what goes best with the Klasse and Canuba?

Andre'
04-29-2003, 02:49 AM
Well if you use a carnauba wax on top of Klasse, use a QD with a bit of carnuba in it, i like Eimann Fabriks Clear Pearl, or Pinnacles Crystal mist. If you use Klasse with no carnauba on top of it, you can use the Sonus.

cuzacan
04-29-2003, 05:53 AM
I found the article by David on the perfect shine and you were right...the wax is last. I want to thank you for your help!

Once perfectly polished, it’s time to seal the paint and lock in the beauty. For this I use a product that has been on the market for nearly 14 years, and has proven its quality to me again and again. Klasse All-In-One is a cleaner and polymer that immediately seals and protects paint with an elastic non-chip, shrink-proof, heat and scratch resistant, long lasting acrylic finish. Did he say “cleaner� I sure did. Klasse All-In-One will remove the oils left behind by the polish and your hands, to produce a very brilliant finish.

When you’re finished sealing, you’ll be looking at a beautiful finish. Your first thought will be “hey, the car looks awesome†I must be doneâ€. Not so fast, bucko! In about two hours, after the Klasse All-In-One has had a chance to cure, you’ll begin seeing swirls and other imperfections come to the surface. Klasse All-In-One is so thin it can’t fill the micro, hair-line surface scratches. To hide these imperfections, you must use a glaze. I like the companion to Klasse All-In-One, called Klasse Sealant Glaze.

You can apply 2-3 layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze as necessary to hide the swirls in your paint. This is the most effective product I’ve found for troubled black and dark blue cars.

You’re almost there. The final step, the literal icing on the cake, is the waxing. Many will ask “after sealing and glazing, why wax?†The answer lies in the richness of color, depth and clarity that only a high quality carnauba wax can bring out on a polished surface.

//MMMGood
04-29-2003, 08:47 AM
So would you use the Shine enhancing cleanser before AIO? Or would that be completely redundant. (ie IHG, SEC, AIO) serve the same function(I know they are not the same)). So if I were to stack them...I would just be washing off the last one I put on there with the one that I am applying at that point.

Peter Hsu

cackleberry
04-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Andre`

Well if you use a carnauba wax on top of Klasse, use a QD with a bit of carnuba in it, i like Eimann Fabriks Clear Pearl, or Pinnacles Crystal mist. If you use Klasse with no carnauba on top of it, you can use the Sonus.

:up

I use the EF Clear Pearl for my P21s over Klasse with good results, keeps the P21s layer healthy and slick.

shaf
04-29-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by //MMMGood

So would you use the Shine enhancing cleanser before AIO? Or would that be completely redundant. (ie IHG, SEC, AIO) serve the same function(I know they are not the same)). So if I were to stack them...I would just be washing off the last one I put on there with the one that I am applying at that point.

Peter Hsu Some people have experimented with putting on SEC (aka "SEPC") before AIO. A few have commented that it seems to help, but experimenting is still going on. Try running a search on this.