PDA

View Full Version : Shipping products to the UK

Pages : [1] 2

Clare
04-28-2003, 11:23 AM
From looking at various websites which have all of the products mentioned on this site, the shipping to the UK seems quite high.

Do people in the UK here get together and do group orders to split the shipping costs?:o

Paintxpert
04-28-2003, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the forum Clare :wavey

What are you after exactly?

We have found most of the US products over here :)

Clare
04-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Hi Nick,

Looking for One Grand Quick Detailer. I`ve done a search and it seems like www.frost.co.uk don`t stock this.

Also Microfibers seem not to be readily available in this country?

Any ideas?

Paintxpert
04-28-2003, 11:44 AM
You have PM Clare :)

Lowejackson
04-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Clare welcome to Autopia :xyxthumbs

There are lots of nice products here in the sunny UK. Shipping can be expensive from the USA but many of the products talked about on Autopia can also be bought in Europe or the UK.

Always nice to see another Brit on Autopia.

Steven

Clare
04-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Hi Steven,

There doesn`t seem to be many brits around on here.

Thanks for the comments though.

Clare

mtnc
04-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Clare,

I live in the West Midlands. I started with Meguiars I bought this on the net but they have recently got stockists springing up in the UK. They stock micro fibre also. My wife got me Vileda micro-fibres but they seem to have dissappeared from shops now.

I moved onto Zaino, but I am fortunate to work for a world wide company and have colleagues in USA who will buy products for me and then put in in a suitcase when travelling.

Have you tried Autoglym? Not bad products I still use the tyre dressing and glass cleaner.

Good Luck. Where do you live?

Richt
04-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Get yourself down to worcester and pick up some S100 from the harley dealership. Welcome to the forum. Both Me and Nick have asked Frost for show off and they dont want to know. When i order from the states i make sure i get loads.

Richt
04-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Nick u werent at castle coombe on sat where you??? I took the 306 on track!

Clare as for qds i can highly recommend Eimmen Fabrick Clear Pearl ordered it from CMA, i love it to bits. Still seem to use Final inspection alot as its cheap. Just waiting to try Clearkotes quikshine now. I have pretty much tried all the stuff out there i want to know, Zaino doesnt appeal to me. got some Souveran now but saving it till my new black car arrives!

Clare
04-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Keith:

I currently use the Autoglym products, and I am quite impressed with them. Just want to take the next step and start using glazes and carnuabas etc. I`m aware this might not make much difference on my silver car, but I`m willing to give it a shot :)

Rich:

I will be near Worcester next week, so might try and pick some up then! I did call my nearest harley dealer earlier on, but they said they may not be getting any more S100 in, because it`s a slow seller..

Lowejackson
04-28-2003, 02:41 PM
You can get MF towels over here, you just need to search. They can be found a various places like home hardware stores, Halfords (not the heavy duty), discount shops, Turtle Wax. Or they are cheap to buy and ship from the USA.

Dont forget to stock up on foam pads, lighter fluid, peanut butter, Gummi Phledge, more MF towels, clay, Autopia e-book, q-tips, brake cleaner...........

Steven

Richt
04-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Clare, they have the wax instock curently out of the cleanser, they are hoping to get some in this week. You will notice a difference going over to carnuba. I cleaned my dads silver 306, normally it just gets autoglymed and it looked so much wetter when i put wax on it (megs 26). Currently back on Autoglym super resin and gloss topped with blitz and P21s at the mo on mine, but ready for the first concours of the year on the 25 May i will next weekend go back to megs hand polish and caunuba for that wet look. What do you drive Clare?

Clare
04-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Rich:

I have a Renault Clio (new facelift model).. silver. What is the new car that you are getting?

Is the Harley dealer in Worcester near the M5? I will have to try and pop in there when I am in the area.

Clare
04-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Question about the Autoglym Resin + Gloss then adding Blitz/P21S, can you fit 3M IHG into this anywhere, if so what stage would you apply it at? Before the Gloss to seal it in?

Paintxpert
04-28-2003, 04:00 PM
Rich - no I wasnt there but a few of the Honda-R club members were :D

Good day I take it?

Clare - if you have any trouble with getting S100 from worcester, try getting from Ryders of Bristol, which is where I got S100 wax from :)