PDA

View Full Version : S100 paint cleanser

58fury
04-28-2003, 10:44 AM
can this be purchased at the HD dealer as well?? what are peoples thoughts about this product?? SEC Shine Enhancing cleanser

MBZ 500E
04-28-2003, 12:16 PM
I love S100 SEPC, I use it every time I apply S100 Wax. It`s so fast and easy to use and the results make it a necessity for me. The shine and gloss get better each time I use it.

I actually get better shine, depth and gloss with just the SEPC, I lose some shine after I`ve applied the wax.:confused:

n2_space
04-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Yes it can be purchased at the HD. I got that, the wax, and some plexus there :D

58fury
04-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by n2_space

Yes it can be purchased at the HD. I got that, the wax, and some plexus there :D

perfect:up thats what i thought, im dying to try it then top with S100

shaf
04-28-2003, 02:36 PM
You might want to phone ahead just to make sure. The HD dealer here doesn`t carry it but seems to have everything else...

Welcome to Autopia n2_space! :welcome

JUNNIEIV
04-28-2003, 04:27 PM
None in had it within 300 miles here...had to get it online

brucehjburke
05-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by MBZ 500E

I actually get better shine, depth and gloss with just the SEPC, I lose some shine after I`ve applied the wax.:confused:

sorry for bringing a old thread up, but that is exactly what i thought after i`ve top the Autoglymn Extra Gloss Protection with 2xS100:confused:

Myles
05-31-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by The monk

sorry for bringing a old thread up, but that is exactly what i thought after i`ve top the Autoglymn Extra Gloss Protection with 2xS100:confused:

extra gloss protection is a sealant. SEPC will clean that Extra Gloss Prtection away.

If i were you id go resin polish, SEPC, Extra Gloss then S100.

Im not going to tell you to stop usuing autoglym, but id just stick with s100 after you have finished them.

Tim Lingor
05-31-2003, 07:12 PM
Yup, you can get the SEC from the HD dealers but as Brian said call ahead. My local HD dealer would not even bring it in. So I found another dealer 120 miles away that brought in a case. I also picked up the S100 Total Cycle Finish Restorer; another awesome product from S100!!!

CharlesW
05-31-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 2hotford

My local HD dealer would not even bring it in. So I found another dealer 120 miles away that brought in a case.You can order S100 products online from HD`s web-site. Make your selection, get a price quote, place the order. It is then shipped to your local dealer for pickup. I didn`t pay any shipping charges and I don`t think the dealer had to buy a case of the product, either. When my local dealer started talking about a spray bottle of SEC, I did the HD direct thing.

Charles

SamIam
05-31-2003, 10:34 PM
I had the same issue finding the SEPC at the local Harley dealer. They didn`t carry it, but carried every other product. I stopped at another Harley dealer an hour and 15 minutes away and they didn`t carry it either. On a lark, I stopped at an independent motorcycle shop that has a restaurant/bar attached to it (cool!) to see what product lines they carried, and found they had it!

As an aside, I tried on on side of a big, light colored SUV I did a week ago and was fairly sure I saw a big difference in shine as compared to the non-SEPC side. Today I did a neighbors black 2000 VW Turbo Beetle, and after doing a thorough SMR (3m for dark cars) process with the PC, I applied SEPC and was absolutely positive it made a big difference. Ended up rubbing down with SEPC, applying Poorboys EX (one layer, waited and hour and removed), topping with S100 then QD with Mothers.

Wow, the dang thing glowed. The owner was shocked, as was I as to how great it turned out. He has the digital camera, so I asked him to snap me a pic so I could post, and use on a flyer.

I always thought SEPC was overkill after SMRing, but I was wrong. Maybe not for a light color, or not for a quick job, but for my high dollar jobs, I will absolutley use SEPC!

Sam

direkt
06-01-2003, 01:14 AM
just to clarify, harley dealerships carry the s100 products? Im looking to purchase some myself and try it out

shaf
06-01-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by direkt

just to clarify, harley dealerships carry the s100 products? Im looking to purchase some myself and try it out Yes. Check out the Harley Davidson website. It does not hurt to visit or phone up other or independant bike shops though, as I`ve found my S100 cheaper that way.