PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Extra has disappeared from Canadanain Tire??

jjagain
04-28-2003, 09:51 AM
I went to almost every single Canadian Tire in town and could not find any MEguiar`s extra on the shelf! not even an empty spot with a label!

WtF? did CT stop carrying it?

on a side note, one CT i went to had about a dozen bottles of Meguiar`s #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner. :nixweiss

Paul Harvey
04-28-2003, 10:08 AM
I too realised that.

I just picked up some Dominion sure seal (meguiars canada)

check out the site and call the marketing rep see if she can locate it or you can purchase through her.

shaf
04-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Ask the guys at the parts counter if they can order it in for your via the special order catalog. I tried getting some air freshener once but he told me I had to order a case! :rolleyes: Hopefully this isn`t true for everything.... Let us know how it goes, otherwise you`ll have to look around auto parts stores where I`ve seen that too. Good luck.

EDIT: sometimes CT stores will order in some product as a one time deal and not carry it again or for a long time. EXTRA could be one of these as I haven`t seen it here for a while either.

paco
04-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Meguiar`s for some reason don`t have a great contract with Canadian Tire. They limited shelf space and more more, the product line is dwindling.

It has more to do with CT than the availability of Meguiar`s products in Canada.

audio1der
04-29-2003, 08:29 AM
Have you tried a Parts Source store? Here in Calgary, they carry product (even product lines) not seen in the regular CT stores. (CT owns/operates PS, to compete with specialty auto parts stores)

imported_Homer
04-29-2003, 10:18 AM
What are some good places to order Meguiar`s products from in Canada? I need stuff from the pro/body shop line and can`t seem to find any body shop supply places in my area.

jjagain
04-29-2003, 10:23 AM
Around here CMAX carries all the Meguiar`s pro series. Dunno if there`s a CMAX in montreal, tho.