PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Wax

ssmokn
04-28-2003, 06:41 AM
A big thumbs up :xyxthumbs for Blitz paste wax from One Grand.

I tried this wax for the first time in February. I gave my car the complete treatment (clay, polish, glaze and Blitz) and it came out excellent.

I put on coat of Blitz on the car in February. The car is outside all the time in New England (and what a nasty winter it was). I drove it to South Florida in March. This wax has seen everything from -10 to 101 degrees. Lots of snow and road salt form the winter.

I wash the car about once per week.

I noticed yesterday that the wax is still beading like crazy. I`m very impressed.

The only negative I can see with this product is that it will stain textured black plastic. I didn`t know that and I made a mess out of my plastic which took several hours to scrub clean.

This is defintely my wax of choice for the forseeable future.

rd_volvo
04-28-2003, 10:51 AM
Hey ssmokn,

A suggestion. To remove the trim stain just wipe trim with

a little bug & tar remover or peanut oil.

After you gain some experience with Blitz you learn to easily

avoid the trim. Just leave about a half inch between the Blitz

and trim.

Did you use Omega Glaze? It is an integral part of the OG presentaion. Show Off detailer also.

I have compared many of the bug guns against OG and prefer

it for it`s unique look. Not too reflective with a lot of depth.

The more layers the deeper it looks.

rd

ssmokn
04-28-2003, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the tips. I used a product called Maxi-Clean from a local detail supply shop (their own brand) that took the Blitz wax off. I sprayed some on a rag and buffed it with the rag wrapped around my finger tips. I used a nylon detail brush on the tough spots. I got it all off but I won`t make that mistake again.

Thanks for the tips for removal. I`ll make not of them.

I didn`t have the One Grand Glaze at the time (I used Meguiars). I have since purchased the One Grand Glaze but I haven`t tried it yet.

Blitz rules in my opinion.

Spilchy
04-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Blitz, Collinite, 3M Perfect paste wax all are solid concerning durability for outside parked cars.

The Collinite IMHO kicks butt for longevity.

rd_volvo
04-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Ssmokn,

Not sure if you know it but :

OG Omega Glaze is for clear coat cars

OG Glaze is for single stage paint cars.

rd