PDA

View Full Version : Some shots of Blackfire on the Aurora

imported_Aurora40
04-27-2003, 04:57 PM
I took some shots today of the Aurora because I just hadn`t taken any in a while. I think these shots sort of capture that glow/pop I feel I get from Blackfire. It sort of makes the metallics look even more metallic or something. It all depends on the sun, though. The car looks darker and deep in indirect light, and has this sort of glow in more direct light.

This first picture I think really captures it in the middle of the car:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2657bf4.jpg

In this one you can see it more on the trunk and roof (and I really like the way the exhaust tips look):

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2657bf2.jpg

This last shot shows a bit of it all. The front is lighter and pops a bit and the back is darker and deeper:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2657bf1.jpg

BradE
04-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Lookin` good. :up Did you have any smearing problems with BF?

Scottwax
04-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Looks great, and yeah, I have to agree, the exhaust tips look damn good too!

imported_Aurora40
04-27-2003, 08:29 PM
SRL, I have had mild problems with smearing. I apply the BF pretty thin, but it doesn`t always want to buff off easily. Usually I buff the car after a few hours, and if it doesn`t all come off, I`ll try again a few hours later with some QD. This usually finishes it off. I also don`t apply layers without washing the car, so the smearing never gets too bad. It isn`t that big a problem, and I really like the look, super slickness, and the super beading of BF, so I feel it is worth it.

Thanks for the compliments SRL and SW... ;)

shaf
04-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Looking sweet Aurora! :xyxthumbs

I`m sure I`ve said this before, but I really like the quad-tips look too. I think this is the first pics I`ve seen of them since you got the exhaust system. :bow

Patrick
04-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Very pretty Aurora....

Ive been rantin and ravin about BF II since the first bottle i tried....The stuff does give something not normally found in other products...I know Plat is a little easier to work with, and doesnt have the dust factor BF does, but all in all, it cant give you what BF does....Like you said it has pop......

Very beautiful car......

Redcar GUY
04-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Looks good! I saw one that color at the funeral home the other day that has the chromes, I thought of your car.. ;) I an not sure it I like it better with or with out the chromes.......................?

nice tips as well ;)

imported_dl9589
04-27-2003, 10:48 PM
Your Aurora is looking sweet! Tips look good on it.

Vegas1
04-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Looks fantastic!

imported_Aurora40
04-30-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the compliments. I keep looking at that first picture. I really like the pop on the doors.

When I first got the exhaust, of course I loved the sound and performance bump, but was a bit on-the-fence about the tips. I was afraid they might seem a tad ricey or inappropriate or something. But they are really growing on me and I think they add a nice look to the car.

CBsaksiri
04-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Aurora40

I think these shots sort of capture that glow/pop I feel I get from Blackfire. It sort of makes the metallics look even more metallic or something. It all depends on the sun, though. The car looks darker and deep in indirect light, and has this sort of glow in more direct light.

i think you`ve described Blackfire really well... i switched to it after seeing my color car with Blackfire on it...

deep, rich tones in the color... definitely brings out the metallic in the color...

Acura_RL
04-30-2003, 05:52 PM
I say that car looks beautiful. ;)

Just curious, what did you use on the chrome tips?

imported_Aurora40
05-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Acura_RL

Just curious, what did you use on the chrome tips?

I use the Meguiar`s All Metal Polish (their pro-line stuff). I have been very satisfied with it as it leaves a very high shine. It also seems to leave some wax or something as water will bead pretty well after application. After each wash, I usually wipe them down with some Final Detail. Also, they were pretty shiny in the first place.

rexster314
05-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Just got through cleaning my `95 Aurora up. Here`s a shot of it

Rex