PDA

View Full Version : Compare and Contrast

SpaceAce
08-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Just looking for a compare/contrast thread with Zaino and EX-P. Let`s assume you did your typical prep work and it was a dark gray or black car. I was wanting to know the good and bad qualities for each of these as far as appearance, wetness/gloss, ease of use (application and buffing), how it lasts, etc... Not looking to bash either one of course, just honest opinions on the attributes of both Zaino and EX-P (doesn`t have to be first-hand, if you have heard some thoughts before that are common please include). Thanks for your input.

groebuck
08-12-2004, 11:36 PM
Zaino is as system where as EX-P is a single product. You can use AIO or VM and top it off with EX-P. Zaino is really ment to be used with it`s companion products (but I have seen AIO/Zaino jobs that look great).

For a darker car - it really depends on the prep work - getting the paint swirl free and smooth then a good polish (VM!!! VM!!!) -

then topping it off with EX-P would be a fantastic look.

With the Zaino system (ZFX) you can do multiple coats in one day - where as with EX-P or other sealants you need to wait 24 hours between layers. Zaino seems to have longevity in the bag (EX-P lasts long too but from all "reports" I have seen Zaino lasts a looooong time), so it all depends in how much work you want to put in to maintaining that just waxed shine as well.

SpaceAce
08-13-2004, 12:00 AM
good point. To clarify, I was assuming your using the Zaino as a system , but maybe added in a polishing step before the Z1/ZFX and Z2. So once all is said and done (washed, prepped, and sealed) what are the characteristics of a Zaino`d car versus and EX-P`d car as far as:
wetness/gloss, depth, ease of buffing
and things like that... so that one could note which one was better for certain goals. Just a highlight of each sealants traits I guess.
(I agree that Zaino`s longevity is killer)

Rob Tomlin
08-13-2004, 10:10 AM
I am very interested in this question myself. I am getting ready to order Poorboy`s products today (SSR-1, 2 and perhaps 2.5) and was wondering if I shouldn`t add the EX-P to the order. I am a long time Z user and admirer, but EX-P looks intriguing and I like the idea of staying within the same family of products.

I guess this post is also a cheap way of subscribing to this thread! :)

groebuck
08-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Hmm well ...if you want to compare the two just on a sealant / sealant basis I would say that in ease of use Zaino would win with ZFX - EX-P would win without - only becuase with ZFX you can lay down multiple coats in a day. Wetness and gloss is going to depend on your prep work before you seal. ..soo all that being said - IMO one layer of EX-P looks as good as three of Zaino.