PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Has anybody seen this?

Acura_RL
04-26-2003, 12:42 PM
http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/pages/carwashWipes_1.10.html

You gotta be kidding me. Carwash wipes? What`s next, wax and polish wipes? Trim detail wipes? How about wiping those someplace else? :rofl

jonw440
04-26-2003, 12:57 PM
Great For:Ă‚·

Washing your car in your garage

Apartment dwellers

TravelingĂ‚·

Before an important event

Quick touch-ups

Motorcycles and other vehicles

(I wash mine outside)

(I am a Homeowner)

(Nope dont travel much)

(I notice it AFTER an important event)

(I use Nothern Quilted, besides that`s what showers are for)

;)

(I dont own a motorcycle, BUT I do own a 79 Bronco plow truck. Rusty rusty rusty), HEY, I found a use for them :xyxthumbs

shaf
04-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Turtle Wax sells Wax Wipes too. Basically you still have to do everything you normally would to prepare for waxing, but are spared the traumatic anguish of putting it on an applicator. :rolleyes:

I`ve seen those carwash wipes up here in a big way. Some guy I saw walked out of Wal-Mart with an armload of them. Costco sold out fast. Good greif. Wax wipes, wash wipes, wheel cleaner wipes, leather wipes, protectant wipes, glass wipes, etc, etc, etc. I think this whole "wipes" concept is beginning to get out of hand. :down :down

What really gets me is that no one has tried making QD wipes yet - something that might actually be useful! :confused:

godofthunder
04-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Hehe, dont stop there!

Many other companiies are making wipes now, like lysol, pledge, etc!!

Jon

Acura_RL
04-26-2003, 09:46 PM
Who knows, maybe it`s QEW on a towel.

Antonio Wright
04-27-2003, 04:06 PM
The companies are catering to the people that don`t want to do the hard work anymore. It is just like all the weight loss pills. You have to put in the work to see any type of REAL results.

marvin salud
04-27-2003, 07:40 PM
They sound a lot like QD wipes to me actually.

shaf
04-27-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by millikan

They sound a lot like QD wipes to me actually. You`re right, they do! I haven`t read the packaging on this stuff until just today. I just read the name "Car Wash Wipes" and thought, "Okay, it`s car shampoo in a wipe. You hose down the car, wipe it down with this stuff instead of using a mitt, and then rinse it off. Who cares?" But I took the time to read the instructions today and the usage sounds an awful lot like QD.

-Do not use on extremely dirty vehicles

-wipe DRY car with it, do not rinse off

-Do not use on surfaces where slipperyness is a hazard

This last point really points to me that it`s really QD or something like QD. Car wash won`t leave surfaces slick all by itself, but QD will. They probably should have named these things "Detailing Wipes" or something more accurate instead.

I`d like to try these out, but they seem costly. The place I went to had them for $8. It only comes with 10 wipes and you`re supposed to dispose of them after each use. Not nearly as economical as a bottle of QD and some washable MF towels.

Besides, who knows how safe the wipes themselves are compared to a terry-style towel when they encounter dirt and start moving it around....