PDA

View Full Version : Blitz vs. S100....

dexter
04-24-2003, 08:39 PM
I need some opinions on these two waxes from y`all.I have used Blitz for about 2 years and recently tried the S100 and was pretty impressed. I need to place an order and trying to decide which product to purchase. I think that both of them are very easy to buff off. I also think the Blitz might is a bit more durable. What are some of your opinions? :wavey

crooper
04-24-2003, 09:19 PM
i have used both in the past and decided to apply both of them last weekend, side by side. s100 goes on easier and buffs easier. blitz was a pain (compared to s100) and will probably collect dust for awhile. the durability on blitz seemed better when i was using it, but i like the user friendliness of s100 a lot.

rd_volvo
04-24-2003, 10:31 PM
Depends on preference. If u like reflection and glitter then go with

GEPC/P21s and if u like depth and wet go with Omega Glaze/Blitz.

P21s is very soft in the summer. I found it smudges and marrs real easy when wiping down, drying, and CCDing. Blitz cures hard.

Omega/Blitz also seems to darken dark cars which helps with

scratches, imperfections and swirls.

As far as the knocks on Blitz I have found that once you have Blitz on your car for a few months it stops chalking your trim.

A little peanut oil on a towel is a quicker alternative to waiting.

And with experience you learn to avoid the trim all together.

And as far as dust, this drops off after a few days when the wax cures.

I don`t think durability is that great an issue as most autopians

voted that they wax about every four weeks.

ashsarna
04-25-2003, 02:56 PM
I tried Blitz and liked the shine, but ps21/s100 was easier to apply and remove. Ps21/s100 did not stain trim (what a hassle to clean !!) and imo had a better shine.

imported_NHBFAN
10-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Tried Blitz today for the first time. My truck already had about 4 to 5 coats of KSG and one coat of Colllinite Super Double Coat which I also used for the first time this weekend.

The shine of Blitz on my truck looks very close to S100. It was a little harder to buff off, but I like the fact you can let it haze for 15 minutes (about the time it takes to apply to my truck) then remove all at once.

From reading this forum I knew to be carefull around the trim. Very happy with the results ... if it`s more durable than S100 I may stick with Blitz as my topper for awhile.

porterdog
10-07-2003, 12:58 PM
IMO blitz enhances the `metallic` nature of metallic paint more. I like that, but still reach for S100 `cause it`s so easy. :)

robert

weegee
10-07-2003, 01:11 PM
If it wasn`t for the trim staining and dust collection, Blitz would be my favorite. The other problem I have with it is that it hazes a day or two after I apply, no matter what I do and believe me, I`ve tried 10 different ways to apply, buff, cure, re buff, lay out in the sun, etc.

S100 gives you a bit better shine, lets say 10% (total guess) at least on my black paint. Durability seems to be not as good as Blitz however.

If you wax every 3-4 weeks, S100 hands down. If you need to tuck away your car for the winter and won`t get many opportunities to wax, I`d say Blitz.

I wax frequently and live in beautiful S. Cali weather, so S100 is now the wax of choice for me. Blitz does get used on the wheels however and looks awesome.