PDA

View Full Version : An Apology to ClearKote

Gadfly
04-24-2003, 04:28 PM
UPS delivered a package from Porter, Texas this afternoon. Enclosed was a check for $47.79 and the following letter:

"When I looked at the Moose Wax I realized that you had a bottle that was mixed improperly. There is no way that you or anyone could have made that bottle of Moose Wax do what it is designed to do. During the changeover to another production run a bottle will sometimes slip thru the cracks and get into the main stream. This is what happened in your case.

I cannot change anything about you, except your opinion of ClearKote Products and the people who are involved with the production of the different chemicals. Please accept my most sincere apology and these two products. I think you will like it after using a correct mixture of Moose Wax."

To Everett Glass - and Autopians at Large: Please accept my apology for any negatives I have published regarding ClearKote.

As a side note, the Moose Wax was totally mixed. No separation in the product.

I am looking forward to trying the product again on my black Santa Fe.

Thank you, Mr. Glass

chris0626
04-24-2003, 04:31 PM
Dontcha just hate it when a rascal turns out to be a gentleman? ;) I give you big points for so promptly posting this on the board. (By the way, would it be worthwhile to go add edits to that other thread, pointing folks to this later development?)

imported_jgv
04-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey, that`s great, and you`re sure a Gentleman too. But not so fast, if your car is black, BE SURE to use VMW before MW. I know, it has been told that as a cleaner wax MW would remove VMW, but that`s BS.

It works best using both on dark colors and better only MW in light colors.

I`m testing http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/8/blink.gif

BradE
04-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by jgv

I know, it has been told that as a cleaner wax MW would remove VMW, but that`s BS.

Certianly was not "BS" in my testing, it removed the glaze. It removed every last bit of the glaze on my test car, it was very easily noticable on black.

imported_jgv
04-24-2003, 05:10 PM
ShowroomLincoln

In the thread I`ve posted about the test I`m doing, I did on propose a side by side test between them:

- One side with just MW

- Other side with VMW followed with MW

This last side is visibly darker than the MW only side. My wife told me that, a friend of mine saw that.

The MW alone is neutral in terms of color, doesn`t dark it, maybe that`s why it doesn`t work so good on black.

BradE
04-24-2003, 05:16 PM
jgv,

On my test car it removed the glaze, it was easy to tell. The small amount of depth the glaze added was clearly gone after MW as applied. The spot with VM only had a little depth, the spot where the MW was applied over it had zero depth and looked very sterile. Since the chemical cleaners in Moose Wax are strong enought to strip oxidation (as ClearKote claims), you can bet your bottom dollar it strips glaze as well.

unclearty
04-26-2003, 04:08 PM
I`m glad that your happy. I`ve had 2 dealings with Everett from Clearkote and during my first conversation with him, I could tell I was talking to a real gentleman. I got some samples and called again to place an order. Everett was very helpful and took plenty of time with me on the phone. I don`t "love" everyting he sells, but I sure love Quickshine and Vanilla Moose Wax. I will always do business with great people....even if I had to spend a little more. When I first read this thread, I knew that Everett would make it right.

By the way..if you haven`t tried Quickshine yet...find someone who has some and give it a try...it`s the only QD I`m using on my Benz, now.