PDA

View Full Version : Swipe Life

SK2003TypeS
04-24-2003, 11:12 AM
How long do you keep your tire swipes for ? How often do you use them ?

For those who keep `em in their trunk, how do you keep them from making a mess? Ziplock bag ?

imported_Mobile detail
04-24-2003, 12:37 PM
I just buy one of those 10 pack of sponges from a dollar store, cut them into smaller sections, and after I`ve used one of them to dress my tires, I toss it. I`ve only ever had to buy on ten-pack, cause if you`re careful, you can get five different applicators out of each sponge (50 in total)

chris0626
04-24-2003, 12:44 PM
"Swipe Life" has to be one of the funniest thread subjects I`ve seen in a while. :lol I thought (feared) this was gonna be a thread about murder or something. :eek:

Not sure if I`m doing the right thing, but I use the Eagle One tire swipes dozens of times. Every now and then, I`ll wash it. Once it shows deterioration (foam starts tearing off), then I toss it.

shaf
04-24-2003, 01:14 PM
I have a whole bunch of the Eagle One tire swipes (hey, they were cheap!) and I`m still using number one after dozens of applications. It`s getting a bit rough, but it`s not ripped or any poorer performing.

I know what you mean about keeping it without making a mess. I used to keep it in a sandwich bag. That left a mess. :down Recently I took some cardboard and custom made a little box for it. It`s big enough for the sponge part to sit in snugly with some of the foam handle sticking out, and then a flap covers it and is held on with elastic. The insides are lined with tape so the dressing doesn`t soak through. It`s not perfect, but it`s working so far and best of all, keeps everything clean. :)

EDIT: I never wash my swipes. Just use and put away.

imported_BretFraz
04-24-2003, 01:15 PM
I use them till they start falling apart. For $1.97/2 pack I ain`t gonna go broke buying new ones. I keep used ones in a ziploc.

meGrimlock
04-24-2003, 01:17 PM
I have always figured that they are so cheap, that you can just toss `em after a use. I usually wash both cars at the same time, so I get double use out of one. I might try cleaning the next one I use to see if I can keep it longer. My probelm is I do not want any residure getting on my other stuff, I guess I could keep it in a plastic bag or one of those disposable food containers. Hmmmm....