PDA

View Full Version : Which to use when removing?

godofthunder
04-24-2003, 11:01 AM
OK, ill be using Megs #9, #7, then Gold Class wax or High tech yellow on my car soon.

Ill most likely apply by hand rather than my cheap buffer, suing the little yellow pads.

What should I use to remove though? I use to use Terry Cloth Towels, but cant that scratch? Like couoold that give me swrils?

Or should I used mircofiber or something

Jon

Accumulator
04-24-2003, 11:18 AM
godofthunder - Yeah, use the MF. There are a zillion links about them- I remove wax with ones from YoSteve (http://www.yosteveshop.homestead.com)

chris0626
04-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Or do a search on "MF*" and that`ll work too. Same goes for PC* SG* and all the other 2-letter acronyms we use.

shaf
04-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Or search for "mfs" - that`s what I call them in plural. :D

If you can`t/don`t want to use MF, you`ll need some high quality 100% cotton bath/hand towels from the linen department, not those horrible bulk terry towel packs. Do a search on this in the archives for some brand suggestions and how to tell if it`s real or not.

ashsarna
04-24-2003, 01:37 PM
I use mf most of the times, wnhen I think I may need extra strenght towels;) I use koala towels from Pinnalce (at cma or that "geek"site) these are great towels that do not swirl the surface (do a search on them since they do shed in the wash).

rd_volvo
04-24-2003, 04:50 PM
If u want to try something different try Gerber baby diapers.

The 100% coton unseamed ones. You can find them at jc penny.

Just wash them first to break in. They grab wax and polish

like no other at a very reasonable price. Will not scratch.

This tip I got from the bros at One Grand.

rd