PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Glo

Pages : [1] 2

imported_buffer
04-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Has anyone other than 2002camry used this product. I have heard some good things about it and was wondering if anyone had info?

dr427
04-23-2003, 08:36 PM
I believe it to be the same product as L&S 501, but Crystal Glo is from Canada. Crystal glo has had some good writes ups from a few motorcycle magazines. I was not too impressed with L&S 501 and it actually enhances scratches in my opinion.

Scottwax
04-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Do you have a link to a website?

Tim Lingor
04-23-2003, 11:02 PM
Hi Scott,

I think that this may be the site.

http://www.crystal-glo.com/can/auto/

Tim

Scottwax
04-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Tim-thanks! I`m on my way!

Patrick
04-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Sounds interesting, although Im not a fan of all in one stuff....It promises quite a bit, but you never know until its been used !

imported_buffer
04-24-2003, 01:40 PM
From what I have heard it has had many reviews in the bikers world and has got nothing but praise. Check ou this link here (http://www.webbikeworld.com/Reviewed-motorcycle-products/crystal-glo/).

Not very easy to find out info on the product that`s for sure.

repvette
04-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Saw a post on one of the Corvette forums from a Zaino Rep - His comments were that it did not seem to last.

2wheelsx2
04-24-2003, 03:57 PM
The polish sounds suspiciously like Klasse AIO to me. Acrylic, has cleaners which remove oxidation....

White 2.5GT
04-24-2003, 05:35 PM
Crystal glos has worked great for me. I find it has a great wet shine and lasts forever, the best part is how easy it is to clean the car after you have even just one coat on.

these pics are with only 2 coats of crystal glo on the car, they were taken after about a month of daliy use.

White 2.5GT
04-24-2003, 05:37 PM
and the last one...

shaf
04-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Welcome to Autopia White 2.5GT! :welcome

Your car looks great. How many months of beading or slickness are you getting out of it and how is your car parked? Thanks. :)

I read those pages about Crystal Glo and yes, it also struck me as sounding like Klasse AIO. Mainly the word "acrylic", but also the fact that it seems practically non-abrasive from the website and bike world review, and it also has a few other similarities.

It might be a good alternative (substitute?) for AIO if it has decent durability. Home Hardware sells this stuff up here for like $20....

White 2.5GT
04-25-2003, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

I found it will bead up for about 4-5 months in the summer and about 2-3 in the winter both parked outside. I think for the $20 it`s worth it.

I`m just checking in right now between coats of the stuff on my GF`s black Civic. This is the first time I used it on a black car so I`ll post before and after shots later.

shaf
04-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info. That`s pretty good life for a "cleaner sealant" if I recall right, since something like Klasse AIO by itself doesn`t do quite as well as the SG part...

White 2.5GT
04-26-2003, 06:12 PM
My favorite thing to do in the winter after a big snowfall while I`m at work, is to wait for everyone to start digging their car`s out and trying to scrape off ice and push all the snow off, then I walk out in the middle of it all start my car and everything falls off! I then drive away with a smile on my face! :) Nothing sticks to Crystal Glo

I finished putting down a coat of Crystal Glo after claying a car once and the first time outside the car got nailed by birds! the owner was pissed I laughed and gave her a tissue and said "don`t worry just wipe it off" she was supprised that sun dried bird crap came right off the car without any trouble.

PS: For the winter time AWD + Nokian Hakkapelliita tires with Ecotec studding helps get through all the nasty stuff ;)