PDA

View Full Version : Bird Bomb Clean Up Tip!

rd_volvo
04-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Found this to work nicely and quick on bird bombs.

Supplies :

Scott Tissue

Spray bottle with a mixture of 1-2 oz. carwash and the rest water.

QD

Terry or MF

Scrunch up Scott tissue. About the size of a tennis ball.

Spray some of the wash solution on the tissue ball.

Apply tissue ball on top of bird bomb. You will notice that

it will stick slightly to the paint so it does not blow off.

Once secure, spray more solution under tissue ball to

saturate the BB.

Let it soak a minute or two. Then gently lift the junk from the

paint surface. Don`t drag just lift. Add wash solution as you

lift.

Once BB is off finish up with your favorite QD and towel.

Have been doing this for years with no scratching.

Scott tissue is the key.

Hope this helps many.

rd

chris0626
04-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Option #2: Buy Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe. Spray onto bomb. Lightly blot/wipe with MF. Pat yourself on the back. :D

Finally got the nerve to try the S&W last week, and I was amazed at how it cleaned up a BB that had been on the car over the weekend in hot weather.

One caveat: I have layers of Zaino on the car, so that may have aided S&W in the clean/easy removal.

imported_Luster
04-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the tip on Bird-bombs!!!

Birds are trained, from a very young age, to seek and destroy cars that are very clean and shiney!

Ever seen a bird bomb on a crappy car? ........I rest my case.

Ever notice how BB`s on Black cars are always white and on white cars they are always purple?

Sorry.......I`m ranting.......

chris0626
04-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Y`know .... you`re right. Luster is now Official Autopia Philosopher. :bow

Jake11375
04-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Pigeons are by far my greatest enemy.:angry

Mr. Clean
04-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Lynn

Option #2: Buy Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe. Spray onto bomb....clean/easy removal.

:up

Lynn, as the name implies, Spray & Wipe. One of my "must have" products.

Pats300zx
04-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Great tip...Thx :xyxthumbs

cackleberry
04-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Luster

Ever seen a bird bomb on a crappy car? ........I rest my case.

On one occassion a lady here at work parked her extremely faded red Paseo under a tree full of turkey vultures! Thing was COATED in bombs... worst Bird Bombing I have ever seen :eek:

:eek:

Some people will swear you should use a 50/50 of water and alcohol to remove the acids from the paint, never done that myself.

F1Crazy
04-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by cackleberry

On one occassion a lady here at work parked her extremely faded red Paseo under a tree full of turkey vultures! Thing was COATED in bombs... worst Bird Bombing I have ever seen :eek:

:eek:

It couldn`t be any worse than this :shocked

cackleberry
04-24-2003, 10:59 AM
WOW :shocked

You`re right, it wasn`t that bad! That thing must have been there for a loooong time!

Does anybody else here agree with the whole "get the acid out of the paint" theory, or is just using some sort of QD fine with most people?

Jake11375
04-24-2003, 11:02 AM
OMG!!:scared I had that happen one time parking downtown taking care of some business. Not quite that bad though. When I got outside and saw my car, I sped to the nearest car wash at about 90 mph! The pigeons got so bad last year, the city would release fireworks every day to discourage the little devils` stay. And whadda ya know? It worked! `Bout time the city did something right.:)

imported_Intermezzo
04-24-2003, 11:10 AM
rd_volvo,

Thanks for the tip. I`ll give it a shot the next time I need to! I never liked getting Bird crap on my MF towels.....using facial tissue is a good idea.

paco
04-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Great. I was sitting here eating a nice plate of rice and vegetables and stumble across that picture. Now I feel complete sick to my stomach and I have a meeting with my director in less than 10 minutes... Just what I needed to have on the brain!

Doesn`t look it had been there a whole long either. Look around the car on the cobblestones! That must have been one heck of a large tree to hold all those freaking birds. My balcony kind of looked like that last year every couple of days!

It all started with "Oh, look, the pigeon laid an egg". I was like, "Get it the )*()* off the balcony now." She was no, look it soo cold out. You think it will hatch". "YES, now get the egg off teh balcony" ... After about 20minutes I just gave up and said, if it leaves a mess, it`s your responsibility!".

Suffice it to say, she`s a pigeon hater now!

That looks like a day or 2 worth of damage! Check out a few marina`s, plenty of car looks about 1/2 as bad.

Man would I be pissed! Yesterday alone I had 4 big Teradactile like bombs to clean up! Disgusting!

rd_volvo
04-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Great Picture F1! The next time I come out and see one

or two BB`s on my hood

I`ll

just think of that Opel and smile and chuckle.

rd

imported_Intermezzo
04-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by paco

Man would I be pissed! Yesterday alone I had 4 big Teradactile like bombs to clean up! Disgusting!

Once they`re dry, I would always "pick" at them with my fingernail to get the majority off and then use Alcohol and an MF. For some reason, BS never bothered me, but I certainly wouldn`t try my method with that OPEL though. hehe