PDA

View Full Version : Is Vanilla Moose enough protection...

Pages : [1] 2

imported_dl9589
04-23-2003, 02:49 PM
As most are well aware of, I`ve been having problems with S100, so decided to start over. I put on some VM today and it left it perfectly slick.

I know VM has a wax in it, but is there enough to protect the car for a decent amount of time without topping it with a pure carnauba?

imported_Greg
04-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Define decent. A couple of days, probably yes, after that, probably no.

imported_dl9589
04-23-2003, 06:50 PM
I only got a couple of days out of my S100. I just wasn`t sure if there was enough wax in it to last an average amount of time. I will top with #26 if there isn`t much durability.

I know most cleaner waxes don`t last long (month at the longest), just wasn`t sure if this was on par with that or not?

Scottwax
04-23-2003, 07:07 PM
I am testing the durability of Vanilla Moose as a stand alone wax on a black Ford Expidition that is parked outside during the day (not sure about night-I think it is in a garage then). Since Vanilla Moose`s full name is Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze, I wanted to test it to see if it would really protect as a wax would. I waxed it with Vanilla Moose on March 19th, and as of today (slightly more than a month) it is still beading. I went by the office it is parked at to pick up the keys to the limo they wanted me to detail and since we had light rain at the time, it was easy to see it was still beading nicely. BTW, I wash it once a week.

I will keep track of when it stops beading.

I figure since most of the people who have tested Vanilla Moose seem to be happy with it until they top it with Moose Wax, I figure this test should answer whether or not you actually need to follow Vanilla Moose with Moose Wax.

imported_dl9589
04-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Awesome Scottwax. I figured you would be the one to provide the answer to my question...you`re like the resident Clear Kote guru.

Hopefully I won`t have the same durability issues with VM alone as I did with S100.

Scottwax
04-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Aurorav8

Awesome Scottwax. I figured you would be the one to provide the answer to my question...you`re like the resident Clear Kote guru.

No problem, although now that you`ve said that, I am sure more people will come out of the woodwork claiming I am selling Clearkote products. :rolleyes:

I`ll keep you posted on my results and keep me posted on what you find. Deal? ;)

imported_dl9589
04-23-2003, 07:15 PM
Sounds like a deal to me. I guess I will see how this works as a stand alone wax instead of topping it, like I had originally planned on.

Hopefully this will give me a better idea of what is going on with my S100 situation.

Patrick
04-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Scott, correct me if Im wrong, but, according to Mr. Mooseyman, and these are his words, "theres no Carnauba in it." (And thats the Moosewax), Im asssuming theres nothing in VM either....

Just what is it protecting with ? Im sold on QS, it is awesome....I have yet to try VM with MW....I have had great luck with VM and polymers, contrary to popular belief about topping with polymers....

Scottwax
04-23-2003, 11:55 PM
Vanilla Moose and Moose Wax use some sort of petroleum based protection. I am not 100% sure how it protects, but I know it does for at least a month now.

What combination are you using with Vanilla Moose?

Patrick
04-24-2003, 12:03 AM
I have used Rightlook, Platinum, and BF II polymers with VM....

Rightlook was a little more difficult to remove but left the surface virtually oil free....then Platinum, then BF II (from least residue to most).....Give it a sun bake for an hr or so, wipe down with MF, then top with CK QD.....

Actually i have topped with S100 a few times also, but havent worked it into my regular detailing scheme....just use it occasionally...

Scottwax
04-24-2003, 12:09 AM
I`ve been using either Swirl Free, Vanilla Moose and S100 on cars that need a little extra polishing and VM, Final Polish and S100 on cars that are already in good shape.

Either combination looks fantastic.

Am I correct in assuming you use Vanilla Moose and top it with the polymer?

Patrick
04-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Correct Scott, the verdict is still out, but all looks promising with using the poly as a topper.....then the QS to cut down on the dust factor........Although with Rightlooks poly, thats not even an issue.....

So your not using MW on top of the VM ?

I gather your worried about durability and are using a straight Carnauba to top with ?

Scottwax
04-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Patrick-not really worried about the durability, but S100 is still my favorite wax. I like MW, but it isn`t as deep as S100 although sometimes on black paint, it does look better. Looks real good on that Lincoln Limo I have in the gallery, but on other black cars, S100 looks better. Go figure. Anyway, MW gives me a viable option for those `no shade` conditions. When I have shade though, I think the FP/VM/S100 combo looks the best overall.

Patrick
04-25-2003, 11:51 AM
Hey Scott, percentage wise, how often do you use the VM MW combo, or any combo including MW......

Gadfly
04-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Indeed, what is the response?