PDA

View Full Version : What do you keep in your trunk?

Pages : [1] 2

cspoly
04-22-2003, 04:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to complie a travel sized clean up kit for my trunk. So far I have several MF towels, QD, Eagle 20/20, and Megs Quik Wax.

What else do you guys/gals have in your trunk for daily maintenance?

Question about the towels.......do you wash your towels are each QD`ing? I`m trying to figure out how to keep myself from washing MF towles 4 times a week!

Thanks,

George

cspoly
04-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Oh...also.....what do you keep everything in? Plastic tool case, soft tool case, or something else?

Thanks,

George

imported_Luster
04-22-2003, 05:09 PM
What do I keep in my trunk........

Basically nothing.

HOWEVER.........on road trips I use a soft tool bag for waxes, polishes, dressings, brushes, MF`s........basically all my detailing stuff.

It`s pretty nice and looks very neat because it zips complety closed with all stuff inside.........

Washing MF`s.......I have about 30 and I wash them once per week. (Most are Wal-Mart for $1 each and they pass the CD test)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/p67c820501bd7b00f38f7ef91c91078e0/fcb2e88a.jpg

My tool bag looks a lot like this one.........

http://exploringoutdoors.com/shop/media/193-8165R.jpg

ThumperAC
04-22-2003, 06:00 PM
I only have some QD, MF towels, and some tire dressing.

Detailing NY
04-22-2003, 06:02 PM
I have a some QD and some MF`s, thats about it for the detailing stuff. I also have a Police batton as i leave the rotary at home :)

I also have a first aid kit as i do tend to stop when i see an accident and people are hurt.

CharlesW
04-22-2003, 06:07 PM
For each vehicle.

In the summer, I keep a very small canvas bag with a small bottle of QD and a MF towel in it. The bags were originally for electric razors.

In the winter, I keep the same small bottle of QD and MF towel in a plastic jar so if it freezes and breaks it doesn`t make a mess in the trunk.

I also have a canvas toolbag that I take with me on extended trips. It has several MF towels, Spray & Wipe, window cleaner, Meguiar`s APC+ (10:1), QD, and AIO. Since I use the AIO as a starter for my UPP and S100, it will do the quick touchup that might be needed while on the road. The UPP or S100 can go over it after I get home.

Any towel I use on the car is washed after it is used, whether it is MF or cotton. To wash less often, you need to buy more towels.:D

Charles

CharlesW
04-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Luster

Washing MF`s.......I have about 30 and I wash them once per week. (Most are Wal-Mart for $1 each and they pass the CD test)

Evidently you are having better luck with the Wal*Mart MF`s than I am. They seem to lint like crazy. They have been washed several times using the same soap, washer, dryer, procedure that I use for my PakShak and 4 Star MF`s. The PakShak and 4 Star towels don`t lint at all. I am about to give up on the WM ones. :confused:

Charles

shaf
04-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Not much in my trunk. Just an emergency kit, small tool kit, and some trunk dividers. Fire extinguisher coming this summer.

In my door pockets though, I keep small spray bottles with QD and glass cleaner and one MF in a small baby wipe case. Basically it`s just for emergency cleanups and I plan on throwing a mini-duster in the trunk too. That way if I get bored or something I can dust my car and give it a full QD session. :D

BTW, even though I keep a MF in my car, I don`t use it for bird splatters - I can`t bring myself to do it! That`s what the roll of soft paper towels is for...

detailbarn
04-22-2003, 07:03 PM
Luster where is that bag from in the pic you posted? thanks in advance.

Pats300zx
04-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Small tool bag..contains a bottle of QD and a MF towel for quick clean ups. For long weekends I have a Meguiars bucket that has the pockets all around. I can take most of my detailing supplies in it and put my towels, mitt, etc inside...

Perfect for those weekend getaways when you feel the urge to detail :D

BumpersPlus2
04-22-2003, 08:00 PM
My Shotgun :eek: You can take the boy otta the country, but, you cant take the country outta the boy!

Nicky Pass
04-22-2003, 09:45 PM
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/220000-220999/220945_42.jpg :wavey

JimS
04-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Well, let`s see. I`m just a bit anal so I carry a large rolling suitcase with the following: a bucket, Z7 Car wash soap and mitt, Poorboys Spray & Wash and Ex, Stoners MSLT & Invisible Glass, bottle of 303, spray bottle of water, 3m Fine cut rubbing compound, machine polish & hand glaze w/applicators for each, paint touch-up kit w/600, 1000, 1200, 1500 & 2000grit sand pape, California Duster w/dash duster (use on wheels), rags, paper towels, 1/2 dz green pakshak mf`s and 1/2 dz blue, about 6 waffle weave drying towels, water blade, Vac n blow vacumn cleaner w/attachments, PC w/pads with elec converter so I can plug into truck, whisk broom, dash duster broom-like thingee.

I think that`s about all...oh a step stool so I can reach the top of the truck, and a 25` extension cord for the PC and Vac-n-Blow. There....that`s it....unless you want to talk about the emergency supplies...First Aid Kit, Fire Ext, and 100lb tool box, chain, flares, 1,000,00 candle power flood light, fan belt, more rags, imitation gasoline product, air compressor, puncture sealant etc. There`s a lot more actually. That 100 lb tool box has all sorts of goodies including a staple gun and elec drill. But I digress...this question was about detailing supplies. :o

meGrimlock
04-23-2003, 09:27 AM
I have a JanSport backpack with QD, several MFs, Megs Quick Wax, a terry wax applicator, new ArmorAll diluted 50/50 with distilled water, Kleed Strip aerosol glass cleaner, absorber, screwdriver, pliers, goo-gone, and a small squeege for the windows. I am thinking about switching to a plastic tub that can do double duty as a wash bucket. I had even gone as far as to consider making an insert out of Great Stuff that I could put all of my supplies in so they do not tip over and spill.

MBZ 500E
04-23-2003, 10:11 AM
I have the convenience netting which holds my Cali Duster, the bottle of Final Detail and an MF.

I detail the car as soon as it reenters the garage.;)