PDA

View Full Version : Picked Up New Mitts at Costco

Sirslap2
04-21-2003, 07:58 PM
The set was only $16.79 Cdn and has one cotton chenille mitt, two genuine sheepskin mitts, and one "Black Sheep" with a bug remover that may never get used except for the bugged up visor on the F150 after highway runs in rural Alberta (especially in the late summer - yech).

I stil need to do the burn test on the cotton but I am guessing it is OK until I do so.

Quite a good deal so I picked up two!

They had an awesome work bench and tool kit which was a Snap On rip off but it will be great for the new garage. They were sold out for now though:mad:

Nice Karcher pressure washer with a Honda engine but I passed on it in favour of staying married:argue

Sirslap2
04-21-2003, 08:00 PM
second pic

BradE
04-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Wow, looks like a nice litte kit there. Man, I really need to get a Costco membership. ;)

Fluffer
04-21-2003, 08:53 PM
I checked out those mitts a few weeks ago at the Costco in Norwalk. I think the price was around $8. The sheepskin mitts were extremely soft and plush. I didn`t think fellow Autopians would bother with the bug mitt due to the scratching factor. Regardless, I think its a very price for three quality mitts.

Nagchampa
04-21-2003, 10:50 PM
I bought that set a couple of months ago. I think Taxlady started a thread on them before. Great deal though. If only they would learn about the magic of Microfiber.

2wheelsx2
04-22-2003, 12:15 AM
I saw those mitts too, Deemo. Let us know how well they work. The last batch my brother got at Costco shed like crazy.

imported_Kyle
04-22-2003, 05:52 PM
my sheepskin mitt now has skin cancer or disease..it has a bald spot..lol everytime I use the mitt, I notice that it`s loosing the hair.

I dont know if it`s me that dont care of it well or ..

but it`s good mitt!

Spilchy
04-22-2003, 06:46 PM
I bought the three mitt sheepskin package at Costco this past Sunday for $7.

I used it on Sunday as well. Intial findings are that the mitts are the softest I have felt. When dry (after use) they are softer than the rest of my sheepskin mitts of other brands.

HOWEVER, while washing, the fibers were very separated; meaning, I could see the leather part of the mitt making contact with the car. There is not enough material bound to the leather portion of the mitt.

The material itself is very soft and glided nicely on the paint, but there just wasn`t enough sheepskin as mentioned.

Also, they are packaged together with tape. When removing the tape, you remove sheepskin as well. What a bonehead packaging method.

IMHO, stay away if you want to use it on the paint. There are better ones to buy. You get what you pay for.

Sirslap2
04-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Spilchy,

These may be different.

It is a four mitt pack and there was no tape in the packaging at all.

I haven`t used these yet but they seem as plush as any I have purchased to date - mainly from Costco and always been happy with them.

I swear there is only one or two manufacturers of all these mitts packaged under different brands. They look exactly like the ones at Walmart and Canadian Tire - all have the identical cuff material.

shaf
04-23-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Deemo

They look exactly like the ones at Walmart and Canadian Tire - all have the identical cuff material. You noticed this too eh? :D

There seems to be 2 styles of mitt though - thumb and no thumb. I personally prefer no thumb myself. Most of that type I`ve seen are branded from Autoshine and are almost round in shape.

Spilchy
04-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Hmmm. That`s weird 4DSC and Deemo. I have mitts from Costco, Viking, Turtle Wax and Baja (Target).

All made in China with leather insides (except Viking).

The Costco`s are the fluffiest but the worst when used (see prior posting about material separation). Maybe it was just that batch.

If I had the desire, I`d call all 4 manufacturers and see where they come from. Maybe they are the same? :nixweiss

Deemo, I like the batch you got. They don`t have those at my Costco.