PDA

View Full Version : This thread is unsafe for AMP99

Scottwax
04-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Here are some before pics of a 740iL I cleaned about a week ago. Sorry, but no after pics this time since it began to sprinkle when I finished and it went straight into the garage where there was not enough light. I only did a wash and vac anyway-it sustained some hail damage and he wants to hold off detailing it until the hail dents are removed.

Anyway, this 740 was in horrific shape and I am sure AMP99 would have a heart attack if he sees it, so everyone try to keep him out of this thread. ;)

Scottwax
04-21-2003, 07:53 PM
BTW, that shot of the exterior does not make apparent the abundance of pine tree sap and oak tree sap, along with a ton of pollen.

The interior wasn`t any better:

imported_memnuts
04-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Somebody alert Social Services - car abuse ;)

Scott, this car needs to be placed in the ICU (Intentive Car Unit) not a garage.;)

tkr128
04-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Yikes! How does a car get that dirty? If that were my car, it`d be looking like AMP`s every single day. :)

Brodydog
04-21-2003, 09:26 PM
:scared Brings tears to my eyes...

Scottwax
04-21-2003, 10:16 PM
BTW, all the white spots are bird bombs.

DaGonz
04-21-2003, 10:42 PM
:nono Some people have a lot of buck$ and no brains! :rolleyes:

CharlesW
04-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Granted it is a mess, but ask the guys that do this for a living if that even comes close to being a really dirty car.

A friend of mine in the used car business bought a Camry that was so bad inside that he took the seats out to be able to clean the carpet completely. The car was three years old. Some of the cars I have seen are so bad that I think the owners must deliberately screw them up. If you just bought the car and did nothing but drive it for three years, you couldn`t make it any worse.

It makes me want to slap them along the side of their head. And I am a non-violent person.

Charles

AMP01
04-21-2003, 11:05 PM
911 ! 911 ! :shocked :scared

Someone, Please Someone, Please call the 7 Series Abuse Hotline ! ! !

Wow, I can`t fathom such a beautiful car as the E38, being treated like this! As a matter of fact, I can`t believe that anyone would treat any car like this.

Scott, please take good care of this 7 and post some after pics to let us know that the car has been taken care of.

Cheers :D ,

My Black 7 Series, In Much Better Shape Than This 7 (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

imported_chewy
04-22-2003, 06:06 AM
I am surprised the guy is worried about the hail damage when he keeps it in the shape it is already in.

Will I ever own a car like this--probably not

Would I love and diligently care for a car like this--DEFINITELY

I just don`t understand some people. I`ve got a brother like this--he bought his wife a new Z4 and in six months the car is trashed. They take through a very poor and cheap carwash and she takes their 170 lb Newfoundland around in it- dog hair and drule everywhere..

The horror, the horror...:scared

Vegas1
04-22-2003, 07:43 AM
Some people have a lot of buck$ and no brains!

Ain`t that the truth.

Scottwax
04-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by CharlesW

Granted it is a mess, but ask the guys that do this for a living if that even comes close to being a really dirty car.

A friend of mine in the used car business bought a Camry that was so bad inside that he took the seats out to be able to clean the carpet completely. The car was three years old. Some of the cars I have seen are so bad that I think the owners must deliberately screw them up. If you just bought the car and did nothing but drive it for three years, you couldn`t make it any worse.

It makes me want to slap them along the side of their head. And I am a non-violent person.

Okay, ask me then....:p

Yes, I have seen much worse, but usually minivans are involved, not $70,000 luxury cars. My customer with the Bentley and Lambo bought his wife a Mercedes S600 and the interior is usually trashed, but at least she keeps the exterior washed.

Michaelwdes
04-22-2003, 05:13 PM
i was on another board and people were talking trash about cars and how these are better and those etc. my feeling is that no matter what car or price range its in, as long as you take good care of your yugo or 8 series, that reflects upon yourself and says good things about you. no matter what the price range. If you own it, take care of it!!!! and that should go for your own body as well, have the common sense to be good& healthy to yourself as well.......i just dont understand people sometimes...

and im not talking about a construction p/u getting beaten on the job site either.

EricZ
05-24-2003, 04:55 PM
That`s sick. The E38 7-Series is, IMO, among the most beautiful cars ever made. Someone fortunate enough to own one should follow in AMP99`s footsteps.