PDA

View Full Version : I tried a little moose wax ona 2x2 spot today and I have to say that it is horrible..

Pages : [1] 2

TheOzzfather
04-20-2003, 12:28 PM
It did not do anything really. It is just flat out dead. No real slickness no real shine, very sterile(sp?) To be honest I would like my money back. Being that it was purchased from a reputable vendor I would think that this request would be honored. What do you guys think? Hell I will send it back and just get two more bottles of Vanilla Moose for all I care. I think that with any store that has a return policy such as Target, Walmart, Nordstroms, Marshal Fields ect that if you purchase something and it doesnt live up to what it claims it is you should be allowed to return it. What do you autopians think?? I have even did it with some Zymol I got at AutoZone nad they took it back. I hope Evert (I think that is his name) holds true to the reputaion he promotes.

ntoddalbert
04-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Couldnt agree more with you, a truly poor product, mine went into the garbage today after one use (Moose Wax) I think maye I will box it up and send it back myself.

Without a doubt of the poorest performing product I have ever used based on a recomendation I saw here

BradE
04-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Ozz,

I agree, Moose Wax was not my favorite product. It left a very sterile surface on black, and had basically no depth. IMO it was also quite abrasive, which I think is why is leaves such a sterile shine.

Try contacting them for a refund, I think another Autopian is also in the process of getting a refund. Can`t hurt to try.

TheOzzfather
04-20-2003, 01:16 PM
SRL, I am going to attempt to contact them via e-mail tomorrow.

FalconGuy, I agree, poorest performing product by an recomendation here as well. I was very excited about it but left with a bad bad taste in my mouth. Speaking of I have to head to the inlaws for dinner. Happy Easter! Even you SRL and your rolling eyes lol.

Gadfly
04-20-2003, 08:15 PM
Why is this thread in the Hot Tub forum?

Scottwax
04-20-2003, 10:42 PM
Ozz-you like the Vanilla Moose and not the Moose Wax? Seems to be a growing opinion. BTW, you don`t have to top Vanilla Moose with Moose Wax if you don`t want since VM does contain wax. I guess just use VM and Quikshine.

imported_memnuts
04-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

Couldnt agree more with you, a truly poor product, mine went into the garbage today after one use (Moose Wax) I think maye I will box it up and send it back myself.

Without a doubt of the poorest performing product I have ever used based on a recomendation I saw here

It is one thing be dissatified with the results of a product because it did not meet your appearance desires but to demonize a product is unfair. An good example was my experience with Zaino. A very good, if not excellent, product that did not meet my appearance desires for my black vehicles. I chalked this up to experimenting and moved on. I did not call it trash or scream for my money back.

I feel as though an atmosphere is developing here that is going to be counter-productive in our quest for the ultimate finish. There are too many threads pointing fingers if the results of a product does not work for them. I have tried many products in the past and after initial evaluation did not really like the results but after re-using and maybe using proper or novel techniques found the product to perform better. Should one have to do this? No! But to keep things interesting and stimulating I do not mind.

You might consider topping the Moose Wax with a carnauba like P21S/S100 or Souveran. This will add depth and you will have the longer acting protectant as your base.

See and read my Sig.

See my Sig. :nono

ntoddalbert
04-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Im hardly demonizing any product, what I did waspass along what I think is MY honest opinion on a product, a product that was well reviewed by some here and that turned out to be a waste of my time and money.

If you feel honest discussion is a bad thing I apologize, I thought that is what we were here for

In the future I will still tell it like it is, I dont have an axe to grind, I dont get a cut, I dont sell anything, I think the volume of people who feel cheated by this product line speaks for itself, I wont reply to this thread again, I have said what I wanted to say

and BTW, topping that junk with P21s? what the hell would be the point? I could simply skip the moose wax to begin with, didnt you read the other posts, it was junk.... if you top with a great wax im sure it would improve, but like I said what would be the point? I could have used any one of a myriad of half priced polishes or cleaner waxes, you missed the point

To everyone else, please dont hold back, I want to know the truth about the products you try:wavey

Jademonkey
04-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

If you feel honest discussion is a bad thing I apologize, I thought that is what we were here for

Honest discussion is not a bad thing, but it must be done in a mature manner. Coming on here and whining about how horrible a product is and that you want your money back is not the proper way to discuss a product.

A better way would be to say that the product did not meet your expectations and to see if you were doing something wrong before totally giving up.

imported_memnuts
04-21-2003, 03:27 PM
The point of any protectant is just that a protectant. Some produce a final appearance that is more pleasing to the user. Your statement about MW did not mention anything about it`s main function - protection. To call something junk because it did not forfill your appearance desires if unfair. Adding a topper may give you the look ( appearance) you are seeking. Opinions are always welcomed but please expound on them ( did not like application or buffing difficulty, final appearance, depth, shine, reflectivity, gloss, durability, etc, etc.). A flat statement without explaination is somewhat worthless. Also to state or infer that people who have had success with this product are not telling the truth is also out there. Would I use MW alone no, but I would use with a good carnuaba topper or EX to forfill my appearance needs and receive some mild cleansing during its application.

jonw440
04-21-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Jademonkey

Coming on here and whining about how horrible a product is and that you want your money back is not the proper way to discuss a product.

A better way would be to say that the product did not meet your expectations and to see if you were doing something wrong before totally giving up.

I also did not think the MW was all it sounded like. AND I am getting my money back. am I "WHINING"

Everett is more than happy to refund our money. Send it back and they will isue a refund.

I ordered some S100 and S100 Cleaner today from a local HD dealer. I recieved and email saying it was shipped PLUS a tracking order. Now that is how to send a product. Does Clearkote do that? :cool:

Here is the email I received from Everett

"Jon:

we are sorry that the Moose Wax did not meet your standards. there is no abrasives in the Moose Wax. It does remove any oxidation chemically, not abrasively. It will not remove any "live paint".

Just return the unused portion (no COD) and we will refund the cost.

Thanks.

Everett Glass

ClearKote Products"

imported_jgv
04-21-2003, 04:51 PM
And don`t forget there are two threads going on about one of us being unsatisfied with the results of S100. And another about Clay Magic, and one or two say they`ll never use Klasse SG again.

This is normal, what I like, might not be the same you do (though we agree nobody likes swirls) but what`s interesting is the fact that everyone is jumping on Clearkote products.

I saw a lot of writing telling DACP let haziness, and others advice to work it more, or this or that. Nobody asked for a refund.

In this case, though I didn`t test any cause it wasn`t yet delivered to me (VMW, MW and QS) after being sent 2 months ago, I`m still expecting to test them, if I don`t like them as much as I do like others, I`ll use them less, occasionally.

Just my €2.00

wax this
04-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Anybody 4 a gin and moose or a jack and moose or shot of moose ..I`m buying!!!!

ntoddalbert
04-21-2003, 05:54 PM
"A flat statement without explaination is somewhat worthless. Also to state or infer that people who have had success with this product are not telling the truth is also out there"

Certainly seems like a lot of us are "out there" then

imported_memnuts
04-21-2003, 06:31 PM
FalconGuy,

Please don`t take this personal but you are still missing the point. What did your finish look like prior to applying MW? was there any depth? If not that was your first mistake. The majority of depth and gloss is achieve during prep ( polishing & final cleansing). Did MW remove the depth, if any present prior to application? I doubt that this product could do that.:nixweiss

There are no miracle products out there. Ultra-detailing not only requires good products but more importantly proper and good technique, hard work and the love of this hobby/vocation. There are products on the market that will give you a desired appearance with very little effort and appear great at 60/60 ( at 60mph and / or from 60 feet). In the future do not get caught-up in the hype by people who have had success with a product. Do some research ask what they did or modified in their application to get success. Ask questions about prep, condition of their finish, color of their car, type of car, type of paint,etc, etc. Than if their situation fits yours the product may be for you.

Many have had success with products like Zaino, Zymol, Sonax etc but they did not meet my situation or appearance desires. I did not "trash" any of these products or imply untruths by others. I looked at myself and found the errors in my ways ( in the case of Zaino poor prep :o). I read and learned here at Autopia and now I am sure I can make Zaino work for me if need be in the future.

I am not defending MW ( even though I have this product line) but I am taking exception to an inappropriate manner of critiqueing a product. I guess this thread is in it`s proper forum because it is a poor example of a proper "product review":down