PDA

View Full Version : swirls on black s2000 UPDATED

Pages : [1] 2

dale 3
04-20-2003, 01:11 AM
Latest update of my s2k`s swirls, I sent it to a detailer but he couldnt fix it. And i am sending it to another soon.

Just wonder if i can fix these swirl but using the zaino product alone?

http://www.sfu.ca/~kfcho/File0001.jpg http://www.sfu.ca/~kfcho/File0003.jpg http://www.sfu.ca/~kfcho/File0005.jpg

kg/cm²
04-20-2003, 01:18 AM
do NOT use zaino with those swirls on your car...it will only magnify them even more....

Accumulator
04-20-2003, 10:53 AM
kfcho- Yeah, don`t try Z, it`ll make things look worse. Sorry to hear you`re still struggling with this, must be very frustrating. If the next detailer you try doesn`t fix it, I`d take the car to a GOOD paint and body shop, have THEM buff it out. If THAT doesn`t work...:sosad

Keep us apprised.

dale 3
04-20-2003, 02:55 PM
agree :P

imported_Greg
04-20-2003, 03:37 PM
I would try some of Megs. diamond cut or something aggressive.

imported_agh603
04-20-2003, 03:47 PM
3m SMR with the buffer will get that out, black pad that is

aljo
04-20-2003, 06:07 PM
I feel for you.

If you can`t get it done right the second time, why don`t you convince your dealer to allow one of our Pro Autopians to tackle it. (Of course they will have to cover expenses)

schoi
04-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Okay, the guy that did that, well... never mind, the mods`ll just censor it.

Other than that, I`d go w/ the buffer and a yellow... er, lambswool, maybe... pad to see what you can do.

Nice car, though.

bjwebster
04-20-2003, 06:56 PM
While that looks pretty bad, I dont see why the detailer couldnt get it out. The first time I used my rotary buffer on a black car, it wasnt pretty, albeit not that bad, but still it wasnt pretty.

I hit it with some menzerna final polish using a yellow cma pad with my pc and it looked great. I wouldnt lose hope, I think that it can be removed using the proper tools and techniques.

Tim Lingor
04-20-2003, 10:09 PM
I am sure that a good detailer can get that out!! I would try DACP with a yellow polishing pad on a rotary.

I have seen a lot worse than that come out!! Then again, I am only going by the picture. :confused:

Accumulator
04-21-2003, 11:28 AM
I think the problem must be a bit worse than it looks or the "detailer" who already worked on the car would`ve at least made a big improvement. I`m really starting to wonder how thin the clear`s gonna be if/when the marring gets worked out. Not what kfcho wants in the back of his mind, but still...I`ve been in a situation similar to his and it can really take the fun out of a new car. And that particular ride is all about FUN.

OK, any Autopians in kfcho`s area? I think he`s west coast. Could SOMEONE please consider helping him out?

wax this
04-21-2003, 11:55 AM
I spanked that with :

Autoint`s Liquid correction creme with a yellow pad.

Menzerna`s: PO87 white pad

Menzerna`s:PO91 black pad

Cherry wet wax : hand app.

dale 3
04-22-2003, 12:39 AM
I understand that in order to repairt "it", it has to remove some of the clearcoat. I do not know what it will turn out (any idea?) but i just dont want to see those swirl and still look shiny.

I am living in Vancouver, Canada. Anyone can help me out nearby?

wizardofahs
04-22-2003, 02:35 AM
Seeing that car makes me want to cry....

Re-Lax
04-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Mine was that bad (judging from the picture) and I got them out with dacp + yellow cma pad, then 3mSMR with the white pad. Now that I have a little more experience I would skip the 3m step unless you have some hazing from the dacp which is very possible.