PDA

View Full Version : Buffer Cable Problems

dr00t
04-19-2003, 11:28 PM
I am not sure if anyone else notices it, but whenever I seem to use my buffer, the coord gets in my way constantly..

What are your methods of placing the cord, and do they make a product that will keep the coord over my shoulder and from falling down all the time?

jimmybuffit
04-19-2003, 11:33 PM
From time to time, I use a clothes pin.

Not perfect, but it helps.

Jim

Nitrous115
04-20-2003, 12:04 AM
use superglue

Jngrbrdman
04-20-2003, 12:06 AM
Apparently there is some kind of sleeve that is designed to go around the cord on a PC to make it safer or something. CMA sold it. I saw some posts about it several months ago but I haven`t really heard anything else about it. It may still be on their site though. I just put mine over my shoulder and wrap my leg around the cord so it doesn`t slide off. It seems to work fine for me.

imported_Smoker
04-20-2003, 12:10 AM
I put mine over the OPPOSITE shoulder to the hand controlling the PC.

It doesnt slip off and stays well out the way.

Now I just have to figure out how to stop the damn cord getting stuck under the tires and unplugging itself :mad:

Jngrbrdman
04-20-2003, 12:16 AM
I tie the cord in sort of a loopy knot thing. Its not a real knot but it looks like one. It keeps the cord from getting unplugged. Just tie the PC cord and the power cord in a knot and plug them in. No problems. :xyxthumbs

huggybear
04-20-2003, 12:17 AM
I had a friend that used to run the cord under his shirt and out threw the sleeve or neck part...I tried it but it never worked for me.

Had another friend that used a velcro strap stuck to the cord and the other to his belt...

Different people have different solutions.

I can keep the cord from falling off my shoulder now after some practice.

Or if you want to become one with your buffer you could do as nitrous115 said and use superglue. ;)

shaf
04-20-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Calestus

I had a friend that used to run the cord under his shirt and out threw the sleeve or neck part...I tried it but it never worked for me.

Had another friend that used a velcro strap stuck to the cord and the other to his belt... Cool ideas, I may have to try some of those. :cool: In my limited PC use so far, I`ve also been irritated by the cord and dismayed when if falls off my shoulder and it hits the car.... :eek:

imported_Greg
04-20-2003, 07:39 PM
I bought one of the monkey tails- http://www.properautocare.com/montailcorco.html

I wouldn`t recommend it. It is semi-difficult to work with and just slides down the cord, so the place where the cord marks up the car still does the same thing. Over the shoulder is my preferred technique.

dr00t
04-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Heh, I think that looks kinda cool... Monkey tail eh?? Well, what makes the cloth they use on the "monkey tail" any better than the power cord itself? Either way, I think I might just invent something myself! ;)

Thanks!