PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy EX over Klasse review

ashsarna
04-19-2003, 10:43 PM
I want to share my detailing experience with EX and klasse this weekend. I started yesterday with a total prep:

1) Wash with GC

2) clay (a must)

3) Then cleaned the car with Poorboy s&w (what can this product not do:bow )

4)3m smr

Today I cleaned the car again with s&w to remove any light dust it may have attracted overnight. The car is very smooth and already looks good.

As a side note, I have had no bonding issues with s&w even in between carnauba applications.

Back to the topic. I applied 2xAIO with a mf pad lightly misted with FI. I then applied EX using a mf pad slightly misted with IF (2 mist on the pad) using a nickel size dosage. I used this method and was able do an area equivalent to half a door panel at a time (the area would increase as the mf got more moist over time). The EX is thick but manageble; AIO is easier to spread. I did this in th garage away from the sun, so I let it sit for almost an hour before buffing. It was very easy to remove.

I have layered two EX twice so far and it truely looks as my old way(AIO,4xsg, s100/ps21) already. The surface is slick and a great carnauba look. I plan on two more layers minimum and then maybe a carnauba topper. I will do the remaining two layers in the sun.

I have also applied EX over AIO on the wheels. It will be interesting to check its durability.

I will keep you updated and appreciate letting me rant:o . So far there is no bonding issues and the EX has been one of the real treasures imo:bounce .

AMP01
04-19-2003, 11:50 PM
ashsarna,

Great review! :xyxthumbs

I agree about EX. Out of all the newer products out there, EX really is fool proof and seems to work with just about anything!

Gotta love the stuff! :D

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

proshine2009
04-20-2003, 01:38 AM
great review. and let us know how EX hold on the wheel and if there any tricks when layering in the sun.

good luck

ashsarna
04-20-2003, 11:47 AM
I am about to apply another several coats today. I took the car out into the sun (it is approximately 70 and sunny). I see no hase from yesterday.

I will be trying a foam pad along with the mf pad that I used the other day. I think that the foam pad may help spread EX a little differently since it may not soak the product as much as the mf pad.

Thanks for feedback.

ashsarna
04-20-2003, 03:57 PM
I applied my third layer of EX in the sun and waited a couple of minutes before buffing it (like Steve suggested). The car looks great. Imo this is the replacement for my sg. I am still looking for long durability( yet I had played with it when I received a sample a while back and EX lasted around a month before I tried s100/ps21 over it:o ).

The fun part!! I took my black s80, which had 2xAIO and 5xsg on it and put EX over it. I used a damp foam pad (I squeezed out any excess water) instead of a damp mf and was able to spread EX over three panels!! I did the car in 10-15 or so minutes:bounce !!

There is no bonding issues and no hazing.

no1000, the EX was applied on the rims which have AIO and sg on it already. I want to see if the dust attraction will improve.