PDA

View Full Version : HELP! fresh paint on the X5

ClimberGuy4
04-19-2003, 05:18 PM
A customer of mine just called to say his wife rolled through wet paint that someone dropped on the road. Is there any way to get it off?

ClimberGuy4
04-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Just looked at it. What a sight:scared The wheel wells, running boards, and tires are coated in white paint. The bottom of the body has splash marks in white paint, and above the molding are tons of white specks. He just took it to the bodyshop as I wasn`t going to touch it with a ten foot pole. White on black paint...ouch.

imported_Greg
04-19-2003, 05:41 PM
If it was construction crews, he could probably talk to the city and they are liable for the damage.

Patrick
04-20-2003, 01:02 AM
Municipalities/counties arent liable for anything but what they spill, and there has to be pretty strong evidence that its there paint....You could put a claim in with the city clerk, but good luck, you would really have to have luck on your side to get them to fork out a couple hun to remove it....Y aknow, 3M makes a good tar/paint/sap remover that probably would have done the trick, its clear coat safe too.....K-mart had it on clearance yesterday for (your not going to believe it) .68....regularly $6.45....I bought the last two they had !!!!