PDA

View Full Version : Clay magic too tough!

imported_matthew
04-19-2003, 11:55 AM
I started out with the back of my car to "learn" my method (since I hardly ever see it).

I washed then dryed it. I then opened up my 100 mg bar of claymagic clay and first I noticed it was real sticky. I sprayed it once with the QD included. Next I went to break it into 3 pieces which I did but it was tough as heck. When I went to clay the back it was a pain in the butt to fold over or knead or do anything! Finally I went into the garage and found a baggie that had some old Mothers clay (only used for a second) and I took that out broke it into 3 pieces and it worked much better! A breeze to use auctally, folded easily and everything.

Is my Claymagic bar bad? Am I doing something wrong?

:nixweiss

TheOzzfather
04-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Claymagic is the best I have used. It works great and you should cut it not try and peel it apart. I think you should look into your tech.

imported_Smoker
04-19-2003, 01:14 PM
I find my Clay magic is a bit tough till i get it worked up a bit.

As you use it it warms and softens and its really easy to use.

Maybe all thats needed is a little patience ;)

hondaguy2582
04-19-2003, 01:37 PM
just remember, the best finishes come from the best prepped surfaces. Clay magic is easy to work with, its better than mothers clay bar(which im using now).

Pats300zx
04-19-2003, 01:43 PM
I found that the Clay Magic bar was a little touch to mold etc. I ended up letting it sit in the sun for a few minutes to warm and I could mold it much easier after that.

VetteToVair
04-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by matthew

I Finally I went into the garage and found a baggie that had some old Mothers clay (only used for a second) and I took that out broke it into 3 pieces and it worked much better! A breeze to use auctally, folded easily and everything.

Go with what works for ya:bounce

Patrick
04-20-2003, 12:57 AM
Mothers makes an awesome bar. For me, Claymagic is 2nd....I just cracked open a bar of Meg`s med today and found it sticky as mollasses ! Sheeeeeesh ! A good way to make it work easier for you, is kneed it first !