PDA

View Full Version : Review: EINSZETT: Gummipflege

Pages : [1] 2

Vegas1
04-19-2003, 07:56 AM
How did I ever detail my rubber and trim without this product? Not very easily. I normally use 303 Protectant with a foam applicator pad and always had to be careful about getting it where I didn’t want it.

After reading David’s description of this product in the Autopia Store, I figured I’d give it a try. It comes in a nice small container with a foam applicator at the end. I applied it on all my door and window rubber seals with ease and quickly, due to the small head of the applicator. The applicator is nice and small, so it gives you total control as to where you apply the product, and it really helps in preventing getting any product on the body of the car. The applicator head can also come off for easy cleaning when it gets dirty.

It turned all of my winter weather beaten trim into like new condition, and it smells great.

This product just made my detailing of trim fun again.

Thanks for carrying it David!

TurboCat
04-19-2003, 09:21 AM
I love this stuff. I`m assuming it`s the same thing that BMW sells in the green tube.

We had a very rough winter here, and the gummi-pflege kept my seals soft and supple! A really great product.

imported_nowaterno
04-19-2003, 10:40 AM
It may well be the same stuff as BMW`s. Is it a vaseline type product? BMW`s doesn`t really have any discernable odor though.

TurboCat
04-19-2003, 12:00 PM
Yes, it`s a clear, vaseline-type looking substance. Tube has a little sponge applicator with a hole in the middle. Maybe Einszett makes it for BMW...

BradE
04-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the review Joe!! I was waiting for David to get this in stock, I need to order some.

imported_jgv
04-19-2003, 02:02 PM
I have it also, but it came in a 1L can. You can use it on rubber seals, tires, window rubbers, etc. Very good product. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/claps.gif

chris0626
04-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Count me in also. Bought mine from Autopia this month, used it two weeks ago. Despite the fact that we`ve had dreadful weather here (rain and more rain, combined with pollen of course), it`s still looking very good. My only complaint: Somebody should have told me to buy the full litre with all the rubber seals I have! (Bad, DavidB, bad!!! ;) )

imported_f150smith
06-11-2003, 10:05 PM
I used the EINSZETT Gummipflege - Rubber Protection Stick today for the first time on my truck door seals. WOW, WOW, WOW. is what I kept saying as I used it. Like most of you I`ve been using a small sponge or cloth to treat my weaterstripping and boy what an easier task this little bottle with it`s attached applicator makes

this task. I wished I had order more than one small bottle. Oh well guess I`ll to place another order soon.

ntoddalbert
06-12-2003, 06:45 AM
I have found just about evrything that BMW sells for detailing is a rebranded product we buy for more $$$ elsewhere. Good exaple is teh car was soap, its Relabled P21S but you get twice as much as a P21S bottle for about $3 less than P21S

Dont bother with the wheel cleaner E1

I will have to try this one out now, hope im pronouncing it right, why do these German companies not rename the product when marketing it here?

meGrimlock
06-12-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

I have found just about evrything that BMW sells for detailing is a rebranded product we buy for more $$$ elsewhere. Good exaple is teh car was soap, its Relabled P21S but you get twice as much as a P21S bottle for about $3 less than P21S

Dont bother with the wheel cleaner E1

I will have to try this one out now, hope im pronouncing it right, why do these German companies not rename the product when marketing it here?

So it sounds more sophisticated and they can ream us on the price. ;)

shaf
06-12-2003, 01:25 PM
Sorry if I`m missing something here, but are you guys saying that 1Z Gummi Pflege is a thick, vaseline-like substance? :confused:

Mine is very runny (sounding) and comes in a plastic bottle with the applicator head. I don`t know what it looks like when applied, but mine seems whitish like a PDMS dressing. It smells like citronella (you know, those anit-mosquito candles?). :nixweiss

I haven`t had the chance to use it yet though.

BoxsterCharlie
06-12-2003, 02:17 PM
I was surprised when the BMW dealer only wanted $7 for the tube. Great deal, and great product. I just did the 1,999 rubber seals on the Boxster yesterday, great stuff!

cajunfirehawk
10-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Its good stuff I use it on my vert weatherstrips...

Paul Sparks
10-07-2012, 07:50 AM
WOW. This is one OLD thread . I have never tried this product. Does Einszett still make this ?

Swanicyouth
10-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah I used it all the time.