PDA

View Full Version : "Safe QD for Klasse and S100

hazman
04-19-2003, 07:03 AM
This is going to be my first post after lurking around this forum for a couple of months now.

First off, I`d like to let everybody know that I really appreciate all the information I`ve acquired from reading threads from the various boards. Tons of detailing knowledge here!

Now, down to business...

I plan to do an exterior detail on my `02 Monte Carlo Red CRV within the next couple of weeks. I plan to use SMR, Klasse AIO & SG (which I`m still eagerly waiting for to arrive in Manila), and S100 as a topper.

I`m confused as to which QD is safe to work with in between multiple layers of SG. Will QDs with Carnauba create a bonding problem for SG?

Aside from this, I`ve read in a another thread that an Autopian has actually experienced a failure in durability of S100 when used with a specific QD (Meguiar`s FI). As such, I would like to get some opinion as to which QD has actually worked pretty well with S100 and not caused any adverse effects on it (whether it be in terms of shine, durability, and slickness).

By the way, the only QDs available to us here in Manila would be

the ones made by Eagle One, Mothers, and Meguiar`s. We don`t have ready access to the other neat stuff from the States like BF, Clear Kote, EF, Griots, etc, etc... :sosad

imported_dookiebob
04-19-2003, 07:13 AM
I bought the Sonus QD from CMA, but in hindsight, I think I may have been better off just using 2-3oz of Klasse AIO diluted with water to 16oz as suggested by Klasse Direct ( http://www.klassedirect.com/5minutedetail.html ).

I`m about to put on my first coat of S100 over my AIO + SG. Wish me luck :)

-Bob

-BTW==once you put on the S100, don`t use Sonus or a Klasse mix for a QD. You`ll need a good quality regular QD. I have used Mother`s in the past with great success :xyxthumbs

shaf
04-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Welcome to Autopia bacon! :welcome There are a few other members from the Philippines here too.

Just about any non-carnauba containing QD seems to be safe for both Klasse and S100, so all your local choices of Eagle One, Mothers, and Meguiar`s should all be okay and people have used them in the past. :up I personally have reservations about using AIO as a QD since it`s not designed to lubricate like a real QD is, and the (light) cleaners in AIO worry me....

Just because one member is experiencing problems with his wax, with a suspected QD problem, is no reason to start worrying. His problem is the exception, not the rule. :)

imported_jgv
04-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Meguiars FI is the only QD I use, both on sealants and P21S/Liquid Souveran.

No problems, I`ve bought a gallon too.

imported_Kyle
04-20-2003, 04:53 AM
how about Z6? is it friendly with s100? any experience?