PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy the BEST MF towels, locally?

silk27106
04-19-2003, 01:28 AM
I want the BEST microfiber towels. Where can I buy them? I prefer to buy locally, although mail order is an option. So far Home Depot has them good and cheap, Walmart, Pep Boys.

Where do the "in the know` guys buy?

Thanks

pancho1984
04-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Define locally. From a quick glance at the globe, you`re a straight shot to Hawaii. ;)

If you`re in a hurry, then a local retailer is all you can use but the quality is just not out there yet. If you have a few days, order some from Pakshak. I think he supports mail order. www.pakshak.com

You want the BEST, then if you do a search you`ll see that most folks order theirs online.

Pats300zx
04-19-2003, 08:34 AM
Pakshak :bow

Enough said...:D

imported_memnuts
04-19-2003, 09:02 AM
PakShak!!! Ask him about Autopian discount :xyxthumbs.

TurboCat
04-19-2003, 09:30 AM
If you feel like a road trip, drive to Tampa and buy some from CMA! Otherwise use PakShak, YoSteve, JT International or Autopia Store!

silk27106
04-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys..... what about this towel?

http://www.microfibertech.com/eliteTowel.html

CMA is in Tampa? Which MF towel at CMA?

Click here......

http://www.properautocare.com/micprod1.html

Mr. Clean
04-19-2003, 11:06 AM
I don`t know if I could say which MF is the BEST. I currently have @ 75 towels from a dozen different vendors and about 20 different towel types. I can honestly say, I don`t have a bad MF towel. Some are better than others for different applications.

If you are looking for instant gratification, the Scotch Power Rag from Home Depot is a very sturdy towel. The Concordia towel from WalMart is a decent towel and very reasonably priced. There are those who don`t like the NicSand towels, also available from WalMart, but I haven`t had any problems with my six.

If you don`t mind the wait, like others here have mentioned the Autopia Store currently has some on sale. DFTowel, has probably the softest towel I have ever tried. I use it for QD and in the place of the CCD. The Microfiber Tech Elite towel is also an excellent final buff/QD towel. MFTech`s Ultra towels are also excellent for polish/wax removal/QD. For glass/mirror cleaning I like the Mystic Maid, MFTech`s glass cloth. I don`t have any (YET), but PakShak products (and Ranney) continue to draw raves here on the forum.

NeatItems, YoSteve...the list goes on for online vendors offering quality products.

Buy some of each, like other good products you just can`t have too many.

silk27106
04-19-2003, 11:17 AM
Ejant, what does DFT mean?

Thanks Mr. Clean, is the Scotch Power rag a MF towel? Please be specific, I m not a vet autopian yet! The towels you speak of at Walmart, Home Depot, are they microfiber towels? I just want the best MF towels for QDing my car, cleaning the rubber tirm, interior leather, etc.

I prefer to buy locally, which means Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto Parts, Lowes, etc.

Nothing against mail order but if there is a problem and you send the product(MF towels) back, I pay shipping and a re-stocking fee!

Mr. Clean
04-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Well, I`m not Ejant, but maybe I will beat him to the keyboard:)

DFTowel is an Autopia forum member. He is the producer of the Dominique France Motorsports all natural microfiber towel. Take a look at his website.

Err...ahh...the topic was microfiber towels, right? J/K Yes every product listed in my post are microfiber towel products.

You will find that Autopia members will tell you what they like and what they don`t like. If you are dealing with any of the vendors recommended in this thread, I don`t think you will have any problems that would cause you to return.

TurboCat
04-19-2003, 11:49 AM
The Big Blue drying towel from CMA is very nice...I also have mf towels from several vendors (JT International, Car Crazy, etc). I am planning to get some more from Autopia store soon.

I don`t have any of the Viper towels from CMA...just the Big Blues and the MF applicator pads.

CharlesW
04-19-2003, 11:57 AM
While many of you say the tag removal is no big deal, for me it is a real PIA.

Ranney`s towels, (PakShak), would get my vote for that reason. Very good towels, wash and use, no stupid tags to remove.

Charles:xyxthumbs