PDA

View Full Version : CMA Vs. Meg. Pads

imported_Jeremiah
04-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Hey everyone,

I tried to search for this (maybe I`m to tired to get the right word combo) and couldn`t really find anything. Is there a difference between the 2 brands? Is the quality, durability and ease of use comparable?

On a side note; do I really need to get the CMA kit (if I go with the CMA pads)? I don`t see myself using the wool ever, I`m far too scared of it. Also if I buy them sperate should I get the white pad? Or maybe just 2 yellow and one gray?

TIA

-Jeremiah

imported_Infamous
04-19-2003, 10:45 AM
I would like to know the answer to. :)

imported_Aurora40
04-19-2003, 11:22 AM
I searched for "CMA Meguiars pads compar*" (http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=25835&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending).

Also, just so you know, Meguiars has a pad and backing plate kit that is like $30. You`ll have to ask them about it as they don`t seem to advertise it anymore. It has a velcro backing plate for the PC, two polishing pads, and one finishing pad.

Sci-Fi
04-19-2003, 07:54 PM
I use both Meg`s (flat faced surface) and CMA`s (concave or dished). It would depend on your preferences. I mainly use the CMA pads so I can vary the amount of pad area or pressure on a particular section that I am working on. But Meg`s pads work just as efficiently.