PDA

View Full Version : Klasse really is idiot proof

RJJ
04-18-2003, 07:22 PM
Make no mistake about it, I have done some really dumb things.

However even I cannot screw up an application of Klasse, even on my first try. I did have the benefit of all the great advice on this site, but still there is the variable of ME!

I did `experiment` on my lovely wife`s new Passat, a dark silverstone grey and it came out absolutely perfect.

With this experience behind me and with new microfiber products from CMA I finished my brand new-97 miles -Jetta today and it also came out perfect in every way; and I do mean perfect.

Having read the comments on K on dark cars I can only say that our `dark` Passat looks spectacular, ditto this for my much lighter Jetta (reflex silver) so in my opinion this product is fantastic for both light and-relatively- dark colors.

I may top with Griots` Best of Show wax tomorrow but haven`t decided yet.

I did abandon the use of the microfiber stuff very early on and stayed with cotton towels, the drag of the mico stuff had me very concerned and I am hoping that someone will put my concerns to rest.

imported_Greg
04-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Good to hear, did you use just AIO or both AIO and SG?

shaf
04-18-2003, 09:33 PM
Switch to MF - the drag means it`s working! :p Maybe try applying the BOS wax to something and try buffing it with both a cotton and MF towel. Usually MF will perform better and hold more residue than cotton. It also can clean without chemicals, it dries out faster, etc. MF - it`s the fabric of the future! :D

RJJ
04-19-2003, 09:12 AM
Greg, used two coats of AIO and as per suggestions here three of SG.

4DSC, your thoughts seem to be the consensus here but it is an unnatural sensation to have the cloth really almost bite (not velcro like but darn close to it) to the surface-and these are the finishing cloths-can`t imagine what the the less dense weaves are like. The first pass I made with the micro fiber cloth really required effort as compared to using the cotton towel which would slide off any angled piece of sheetmetal and would literally blow off the roof with the slightest breeze. !!

Everything that I have read and researched here has been correct so I will put my concerns to rest and rub away with the $120 USD of micro stuff I have.

Of course I do realize that the spectacular success I have had with Klasse is attributable to both the info gathered on this site and to the fact that I have done two brand new vehicles. As I have read often before, surface prep is critical, but once done correctly it has to be a similar experience to mine wipe on, wipe off, laugh yourself silly. :dance