PDA

View Full Version : Results of my little spray bottle test

silk27106
04-18-2003, 10:27 AM
The best quality sprayers I could find(in my limited area) were at Lowes , Home Depot, Pep Boys, a local auto paint store and a cleaning supply outlet.

*Spence cleaning supplies- No better bottle than you would find at Walmart, end of story and a waste of time.

*Zep bottle-a great sprayer, never leaks even upside down, good control, big, sprays vast areas with ease. Cons- could be too big, heavy when full, you must be very careful not to let the spray tip touch your car`s surface, for some reason the sprayer, maybe because it`s big and heavy, wants to move toward the car`s surface and the Zep tip could very easily scratch your car.

*Spraymaster-grey bottle at Home Depot- an okay sprayer and the best warranty at 5 years but the damn thing leaks when upside down. I called Delta Industries, makers of the Spraymaster and the woman had an attitude, admits it leaks but gives reason that the sprayer needs air to work right. Nice looking bottle, Control is great, not to big or small. Choose this sprayer if you never intend to use the bottle upside down or at extreme angles.

*Meguires burgandy bottle - This is #1 because of ease of use, you can choose big or small but the small fits very nice in the hand, reliable mist, very hard to scratch the car due to inverted low profile tip. Cons - misting can get old if you need a more powerful stream or if you want a quick QDing like with Zep(sprays bigger, faster). The Meg`s bottle lets you save the stuff, uses less compared to Zep, which saves you money.

I wish I had more bottles to test, but I don`t. I decided on the Zep and Meg`s bottles.

Checked out Target, Walmart, bed Bath Beyond, K-mart and they had generic stuff, didn`t seem high quality.

Good Luck

ashsarna
04-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks!!

I need to get good bottles for those new qd and things I get by the gallon since most of the spray bottles are lacking (like the pinnacle cm ). I agree that the meguiars qd srayer is good and use it:up .

imported_Tony
04-18-2003, 12:32 PM
I use CP in the Meguiars bottle and it seems to last forever. Make sure you secure the Meg bottle it will leak if tip over.

imported_Intel486
04-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ray

*Spraymaster-grey bottle at Home Depot- an okay sprayer and the best warranty at 5 years but the damn thing leaks when upside down. I called Delta Industries, makers of the Spraymaster and the woman had an attitude, admits it leaks but gives reason that the sprayer needs air to work right. Nice looking bottle, Control is great, not to big or small. Choose this sprayer if you never intend to use the bottle upside down or at extreme angles.

Not sure the type of bottle you are talking about bottles have to suck air in as they suck the fluid inside out. I guess on this bottle they just made it so there wasn`t a complete seal at the top to do this.

Man, I`ve been using my leaf blower and my hands are numb. God is it hard to type!

monodax
04-20-2003, 09:11 PM
I bought one of the spraymasters at lowes due to the fact that it said it was made for strong chemicals. I use the Power Clean they sell at AutoZone for cleaning underneath my fenderwells and it litterally melts the dirt from them but (it will melt the clear coat off wheels too so be careful) but anyways it destroys the spraying mechanism in the spraymaster after you use it for a week or so. I cannot find a sprayer that will hold up to the chemical in the PowerClean bottle. I also use the (Super Clean brand) of chemical too it is about the same strength as well. I wished I could find a heavy duty sprayer I would pay a good price for one if it would last over a month, I actually go to sams now and buy their 3-5 packs of cheap sprayers and use them to they quit which is usually a couple of weeks as well. Thanks for the writeup though, never thought anyone had the problems I did with sprayers lol.

CharlesW
04-20-2003, 09:23 PM
If you have a body supply store you can get to, check out the Meguiar`s line of bottles and sprayers. They have 12, 16, 32 oz. bottles. High volume sprayers, foaming sprayers, standard sprayers, and chemical resistant sprayers.

Charles:wavey

JimS
04-21-2003, 07:57 AM
Anyone know of a website for the Meguiars bottles? Thanks JimS

01rt
04-21-2003, 09:19 AM
http://www.meguiars.com/

paco
04-21-2003, 09:28 AM
I believe that one is the Quick Detailer from the consumer line. The QD isn`t the greatest but supposedly the bottle produces a very nice even mist.

I don`t believe you can buy empty bottles. If anyone know how to, please let me know.

Paco

CharlesW
04-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by paco

I don`t believe you can buy empty bottles. If anyone know how to, please let me know.

Paco

Just like I said in this previous post:

"If you have a body supply store you can get to, check out the Meguiar`s line of bottles and sprayers. They have 12, 16, 32 oz. bottles. High volume sprayers, foaming sprayers, standard sprayers, and chemical resistant sprayers.

Charles"

32 oz. bottles carry a D-99__ part number.

16 oz. D-98__

12 oz. also carry the D-99__ number

Fill in the blanks with the correct numbers or letters and you will get a bottle labeled for the product you are using.

Not every size of bottles is labeled for all products.

For sprayers:

TOL 110803-12 High volume

TOL 110813-12 Foaming

TOL 110516-12 Standard

TOL 110542-12 Chemical Resistant.

Go to your Auto Body Supply Store, look in the Professional Surface Care Product Guide.

Charles :wavey

paco
04-21-2003, 10:55 AM
http://www.dealergoodies.com/page294.html

Has a summary of the bottles and codes. Neat.

I`ll have to look into that.

Corrected.

Paco

ThumperAC
04-21-2003, 11:15 AM
paco, that link does not work.

CharlesW
04-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Paco:

They show the bottles and the dispenser caps, but unless I missed them, I didn`t see the sprayer nozzles.

Charles