PDA

View Full Version : Beige Leather - Blue Jeans , my favorite combo

jsoto
04-18-2003, 08:36 AM
first time owning a beige interior. Any suggestions on how to treat/clean the leather properly. It`s a 2003 BMW X5. Is their leather coated on not.

In my old car, I used to condition once a month and then do a leather cleaning about 2-3X a year using Lexol for the cleaner and Griots Leather Conditioner.

I know it`s not good to give the leather too much of a cleaning. Calling all beige leather interior owners. What`s your recipe.

Thinking about putting some 303 every other month also

Thomasfl
04-18-2003, 09:27 AM
the X5 leather is not coated and is a little thicker and durable than leather that is in high end lexus`. I have worked on some light colored leather that had those blue jean stains. I use the Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner, but with the blue you will need a leather cleaning brush, they have one at CMA for under $5.

F1Crazy
04-18-2003, 03:07 PM
AFAIK all BMW leather is clearcoated nowadays.

C. Charles Hahn
04-18-2003, 04:40 PM
I have a beige leather blazer interior... for mine I use lexol cleaner and conditioner, with in-between shots of 303. I just use a leather cleaning brush I picked up at a local shoe repair store (basically works just as well as anything you`d get elsewhere, and still just as cheap.) and go to it. I only clean twice a year unless I get a specific stain I want to clean up (and even then I only do that pannel of that seat, no more and no less.)

make sure you re-condition on a monthly basis, and you may want to consider weekly touch-ups.

F 355
04-19-2003, 05:51 AM
Leatherique......Hands Down....Period....Nothing else.

I`ve tried everything in the book and Leatherique is by far the best.

Some conditioners have a tendency to "darken" the color, which is a concern for me. Leatherique cleaner and rejuvenator leaves the car in showroom new condition.

First, you use the rejuvenator oil...almost like honey...it opens the pores on the leather. In fact, it gives the car a new leather smell....without the use of fragrence in the product like others.

Then follow with their Prestine.

Because my car is a rag top, I use a light coat of 303 for UV protection on the areas hit hard by the sun....