PDA

View Full Version : What type of polish??

imported_Jeremiah
04-18-2003, 06:01 AM
I was just wondering what the pros and cons of each of these products might be? I`m going to be making my polish purchase soon and need some insight. I currently have SMR and want to get something a bit more abrasive in case the SMR doesn`t work. I also want to get something to clear up the micro-marring left behind by SMR. So here are my choices:

Menzerna Intensive Polish/Final Polish-is the Intensive Polish any more abrasive then SMR?

or

DAPC/GEPC- Anyone know a good online place for Meg or P21S?(I don`t think CMA has either do they?)

The problem is I don`t really have a whole bunch of $$ to buy all the products I`d like. So I can really only afford one combo of products.

BTW this is going to be applied with a PC and topped off with Zaino.

-Jeremiah

F 355
04-18-2003, 06:05 AM
My experience with Menz is that it is less agressive then SMR and can be used after SMR...kinda like GEPC.

You can get Megs directly off their web or get both P21 and Meg from www.********.net aswell as many other places...

F 355
04-18-2003, 06:07 AM
Hold the phone on the last post....going to top with Zaino?

After your last step right before the Z you are going to have to dawn the car to remove any oils from the GEPC or Megs...

Z needs a clean surface to stick...

imported_BretFraz
04-18-2003, 07:56 AM
There are a few threads describing Menzerna`s product so ya might want to read them before buying.

I use both DACP and S100 SEPC and find them good partners for SMR. Its a good idea to have several polishes on hand to take care of whatever needs you may have.

SEPC can be bought at a local motorcycle store for under $10. DACP`s smallest container is 32oz which makes it pretty expensive, at least double the SEPC cost.