PDA

View Full Version : What`s the next logical step???

imported_Dr. G
04-17-2003, 04:45 PM
After specifically asking my dealer not to prep the car, the car was prepped... It looks good, all products were 3M, but I was planning on doing the following if the dealer hadn`t touched the car:

P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo

Pinnacle Clay Bar

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

P21S

Pinnacle Crystal Mist

Do I just follow my plan anyway or do I have to strip the car`s dealer applied products first? If so, how would I go about doing it safely?

BTW, the car is an `03 carrera cab, lapis blue - I don`t know if the color would change people`s recommendations.

huggybear
04-17-2003, 05:03 PM
actually just follow the steps you have outlined there...just do the AIO step at least twice anything the dealer put on there AIO will take care of.

Hope that helps

Accumulator
04-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Dr. G- There are a (very) few Porsche/Audi dealers who really do prep cars the right way. BTW, supposedly P/A wants their dealers to use 3M stuff these days, or so I hear. I`ve taken cars "in the plastic" and I`ve had Stoddard Imported Cars prep them. Stoddard CAN do a good job when they`re motivated ;) so I`m willing to bet your dealer did too. Yes, guys, it`s rare, but it DOES happen. So take advantage of it, Dr. G! Go DRIVE the thing. I probably spent more time detailing my Porsches than driving them :rolleyes: and that`s bass-ackwards.

If the car looks good to you I`d just wash it, QD it after washing, and enjoy it as-is until it actually NEEDS redoing. THEN do what you have planned. I believe in NOT doing any more work on a car`s finish than is needed, just less chance of something "bad" happening. Time and use will "strip" the 3M stuff off soon enough, with no harm done.

If you DO decide to redo the car anyhow, the AIO will probably remove the 3M stuff just fine, as Calestus said, so there is no real need for wax strippers etc. or even a Dawn wash.