PDA

View Full Version : I think I`ve given up on S100...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

imported_dl9589
04-17-2003, 02:02 PM
I love the way this stuff goes on and off, and the look it gives off...but for some reason I have NO durabililty with it...3-5 days max...what gives?

I have used #26 and that has last 3 months.

Gold Class a long time ago that lasted longer.

IBIZ that lasted longer

"Z Best Wax" that lasted longer

I have tried numerous carnauba`s that have all outlasted the S100...I`m not sure if I just got a bad jar or what, but I have no durability, and it stays slick only for about 2 days max.

I`ve always prepped the car the same when switching waxes, even with the lower quality waxes it seems to last longer. Kind of disappointing, I was liking the S100 the first few days.

Gadfly
04-17-2003, 02:08 PM
The response to this "grenade" should be interesting!:rolleyes:

BradE
04-17-2003, 02:09 PM
White S100 certianly isn`t durable, I get more than 3-5 days out of it. Typically, it lasts about 2 weeks here in Cincy.

What type of QD and wash are you using? You should be getting more than 3-5 days.

imported_dl9589
04-17-2003, 02:17 PM
I use Meguiars QD, and Meguiars Gold Class to wash...but I hardly use any of it when I do wash.

BradE
04-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Which Meguiars QD?

imported_dl9589
04-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Oops, guess I could have clarified a bit more on that. I use their Final Inspection.

I really don`t want to switch back to #26, because I don`t like the way it "looks" after it`s been applied.

I may go the polymer route and see how that works. Now to research which polymer to use for a lighter colored car?

imported_ragman
04-17-2003, 02:47 PM
How are you determining that it is gone after the 3 to 5 days ??

Does it stop beading ?

I am curious because I just put a coat of S100 on top of P21s GEPC.

Thanks

rd_volvo
04-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Have you tried One Grand Omega Glaze and Blitz.

imported_dl9589
04-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ragman

How are you determining that it is gone after the 3 to 5 days ??

Does it stop beading ?

I am curious because I just put a coat of S100 on top of P21s GEPC.

Thanks

A combo of not beading...no slickness whatsoever either.

Jngrbrdman
04-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Hmmm... That is very interesting. I always get at least 5 or 6 weeks out of P21S. Could this be the difference between S100 and P21S that we have been looking for? 3 to 5 days is crap. I don`t know that I would tell people to expect that kind of durability out of the product because obviously results vary. I don`t think I`ve ever read anyone else saying they got that bad of durability out of it though. That is interesting.

I`ve got S100 on one half of my car and P21S on the other half. They have been there for nearly 3 weeks now and I`m still getting beads and slickness from both sides. I just went out and checked. Odd....

imported_jgv
04-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by rayjicka

The response to this "grenade" should be interesting!

I was expecting this too! :eek:

imported_dl9589
04-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Hmmm... That is very interesting. I always get at least 5 or 6 weeks out of P21S. Could this be the difference between S100 and P21S that we have been looking for? 3 to 5 days is crap. I don`t know that I would tell people to expect that kind of durability out of the product because obviously results vary. I don`t think I`ve ever read anyone else saying they got that bad of durability out of it though. That is interesting.

I`ve got S100 on one half of my car and P21S on the other half. They have been there for nearly 3 weeks now and I`m still getting beads and slickness from both sides. I just went out and checked. Odd....

I`m not sure what the deal is. This has happened twice now. And I prepped the surface as good as possible, didn`t make a difference.

First time I used Meguiars Hand Glaze (#7) I believe. Second time I used VM. Still didn`t make a difference.

Steve @ Guru
04-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Something definitely sounds "not right" - even Lemon Pledge lasted 4-5 days in our tests...

I`d contact P21S (BIS Import Specialties) to see if they have any ideas what may be causing the massive durability problem.

Just a thought, but have you tried it alongside anything else for comparison? Like a little side-by-side test with, say, Gold Class just to see how they fair together? Also, what are you washing and QD`ing with?

Acura_RL
04-17-2003, 03:16 PM
I really don`t want to switch back to #26, because I don`t like the way it "looks" after it`s been applied.

I actually like #26. Smells good. :D I used it on my sister`s prelude and it just makes the car wet and glowing. Maybe it`s meant for darker colored cars.

johnson
04-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by geekysteve

Also, what are you washing and QD`ing with?

Originally posted by Aurorav8

I use Meguiars QD (Final Inspection), and Meguiars Gold Class to wash.