PDA

View Full Version : Post your pressure washer.

Preachers Sheets
04-16-2003, 07:02 PM
I thought it would be a neat idea to show people what we are using and show them what their options are from mild to wild.

This is the type of unit I use (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2317351547&category=632)

TheOzzfather
04-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Heh the town that the auction item is being sold from is 5 miles from me ha!

C. Charles Hahn
04-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Joe, what do you think of those units... I see home depot has one like it near me for $80 and I was thinking of getting it...

Preachers Sheets
04-16-2003, 07:38 PM
I like it. No gas motor, it`s light and it`s pretty gentle pressure wise.

I have a second one ............. LONG story but it needs an o-ring kit. It would probaly cost 10.00 - 15.00. I`m looking to sell it.

DA53
04-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Shiny Lil Detlr, Spend the extra bucks and get a gas powered pressure washer, Sam`s Club, Home Depot and Lowe`s have a good choice of them.

My brother didn`t listen to me when I told him to get the gas powered washer ( he bought the elecric one instead ), two years later the electric washer broke and now he owns a gas power washer.

Al

johnson
04-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Al, how loud is the gas powered ones?

DA53
04-16-2003, 08:02 PM
FNG, I don`t find it all that loud, I bought mine in 1993 at Sam`s and it still works as good as when it was new. For a gas powered washers that makes less noise I would suggest you look at the ones at Lowes ( Home Depot and Sams might also but I don`t remember ), there Honda powered which usally means there less noisy.

Preachers Sheets
04-16-2003, 08:31 PM
I carry the pressure washer in my car so I don`t want to be transporting a Honda motor with gas and oil.

I just wanted a simple machine. I don`t want to stop by the gas station when I need to get gas, it`s a hassle for me.

JimS
04-16-2003, 09:54 PM
I just got mine and it`s the same Campbell Hausfield shown in the opening post. I haven`t even had time to use it yet.

Joed.....Do you like yours? I used to do all my car washing at the pressure washer car wash but since I came on board here I hand wash and plan to use the pressure washer to get the bugs out of the grill and radiator, clean the wheel wells and the undercarraige and part so the engine compartment I can`t get to. Then there`s the driveway, patio, garage floor and door, mother in law, the cat, (kidding!). I suppose my wife will use it to do her car. (kidding only about the cat!) Later JimS

Tim Lingor
04-16-2003, 09:59 PM
I have a 5 hp Honda powered Pressure Washer and it is noisey as @#$*!!! It is brutal!! So much for the quiet Honda motor theory!!

But it does an excellent job!!! :o

Preachers Sheets
04-16-2003, 10:07 PM
JimS

I am sure you`ll like it. Nice compact package, easy to setup and pack away. Doesn`t use much storage space. Not loud like the gas models. I got two nozzles, one is an adjustable which I use on my car and there is another that is a sharp jet. It was strong enough to take paint off my fathers wooden fence and the bird crap even when standing a few feet away. Just don`t use that one on your car :p

Unless your spraying chemicals on a brick wall to strip years of damage I am sure you`ll be happy.

Oh yea, it also has a container so you can dump soap in the tank for patio or sidewalk cleaning and it will mix itself with the water that runs through the machine.

drewski59
04-16-2003, 10:50 PM
I just bought a mid-level electric Karcher(the next most powerful one was gas!):rolleyes: at Lowes...

Only got to use it once before it broke!:angry :grrr

Going to exchange it soon, that`s all I can do now that I`ve lost the stinkin` receipt!!!:nixweiss

Oh well, 1500 psi works well when it actually does work!!

Don`t get a Karcher!

:wavey

imported_capspackle
04-16-2003, 11:11 PM
Here`s the one i use:

http://www.karcher-usa.com/cpe/products/images/k260m-2.jpg

Karcher (http://www.karcher-usa.com/cpe/products/k260m.html)