PDA

View Full Version : all the small things...

breakneckvtec
04-16-2003, 03:05 PM
I just need to know these things:

1) What interior carpet spot remover do you like, and think works the best?

2) What tire shine do you like, I want one that wont eventually lead to cracking of the rubber on the sidewalls

3) I need a product for the trim, I need something to remove stains from the trim, not hide them. Then I need something that does a good job at dressing the trim but nothing that is a dye.

Thanks for any help. :up

C. Charles Hahn
04-16-2003, 03:09 PM
1) Prestone makes a good one, if you can`t get that then you could try the trick SRL just posted about using brake cleaner.

2) The tire shine I use is Meguiar`s Endurance (Low gloss, NOT the hi-gloss stuff) but I`ve heard everything from MSLT to EO are good.

3) Thats a tough one. For a cleaner/removing dye I would use some diluted multi-purpose cleaner like APC+, or the peanut butter trick. For a dressing I would go with either stoners trim shine or 303.

Hope this helps.

imported_jgv
04-16-2003, 03:50 PM
What I use mostly:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/7046products.jpg

Yours to choose... :up all great stuff.

Accumulator
04-16-2003, 06:11 PM
breakneckvtec- I`ll give you my 40.02 on numbers 2 & 3:

2) I usually use Zaino Z16, sometimes use Griot`s, and on rare occasions I use Pinnacle. All work fine for me, no browning, no cracking, no problems at all.

3) I`d remove the staining with some solvent, like 3M Adhesive Remover, Wurth Cleans All, etc. Maybe even brake parts cleaner (but be careful with that stuff). Art erasers can scrub it off, too. I don`t put dressings on my trim any more, I treat it with AIO, VM, or BFII (all have worked well). I sometimes top the AIO with SG, and I sometimes top with a non-staining wax (but be careful with that, just because it works well for me that doesn`t mean it`s risk-free).

imported_chewy
04-17-2003, 06:40 AM
Here`s my suggestions:

1: Just recently tried Stoner`s Carpert and Upholstery cleaner. Had my wife`s Passat in for oil change and the tech must have grabbed the upper door frame--left dirty, greasy finger prints all over. I hit the spots with the Stoners and let it sit for a minute--then blotted the spots with a clean cloth. Most came right out and those that did not clean completely--came out after one more shot of the cleaner. I was pleased with this product. I have also use Meguiars APC+--at a ratio of about 12-1 for taking some stains out in the carpeting in my apartment. Wife dropped her coffee mug and the APC+ took the coffe stains right out.

2: I had been using 303 Aerospace Protectant for my tires. I liked the matte finish it gave to the tires--but I thought its durability was so-so. Here again, I just tried Stoner`s More Shine Less Time (MSLT) this past weekend. I thought it was easy to spray on and when I came out the next day--the tires looked great. Did not leave any residue or greasy feeling--the tires were a little more shiny than 303--but I cannot comment yet on durabilty.

3: I am not sure what to suggest for stains on the trim--maybe some Megs APC+???. As for a dressing, I really like 303. Leaves a great matte finish and does not seem to attract much dust. I have a can of Stoner`s Trim Shine, but have not used it yet.

If you are wondering, I am not a rep for Stoner. I happened to be in Philly and had some time to kill. Ran into a Strauss Auto Parts store and they had a cleanance bin with about every Stoners product made for 50% off. I picked up one can of about everything. So far--really like their products and now wish I had purchased everything I could have.