PDA

View Full Version : How do you get yellow paint from center lines off paint?

Pages : [1] 2

Nitrous115
04-16-2003, 09:56 AM
I have been told that a product called takeoff will remove the yellow paint. The lady ran over the centerline right after it was painted so its splattered on the side of her car. Any ideas?

imported_Tony
04-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Do a search . I know this question was asked before.

good luck

Nitrous115
04-16-2003, 03:04 PM
I did a search and I only found one thread. It said to try diesel fuel. But the results were never posted on that thread. Does anyone know if diesel or take off will work?

johnson
04-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Your search button must be broken. :nixweiss

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14998&highlight=yellow+road+paint

huangdong28
04-16-2003, 03:53 PM
Claying with Zaino carwash as lubricant, little pressure, lots of patience worked for me.

mustangmike
04-16-2003, 05:43 PM
I removed road paint with Mother`s clay and lubricant. It was white paint instead of yellow and some pretty tough stuff at that. I got it all off the paint but there is still some left in the wheel wells. Every time I wash the car I see it and think about it.

BumpersPlus2
04-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Valugard`s New Car Prep. In a pinch, Laquer thinner will work

captkirk2
04-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Tarminator from Stoners should work. You could use a scraper for the wheel wells. I used a gasket scraper on the last one I did.

boywonder
04-18-2003, 07:10 AM
I thought denatured alcohol or mineral spirits would work

unclearty
04-18-2003, 08:28 AM
I actually used that paint along time ago...the stuff we used was alcohol based paint...so it dries quickly. I think that`s why water based products won`t break it down. Try some cheap plain alcohol from the drug store first. It shouldn`t hurt anything to try it.

Nitrous115
04-18-2003, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the good advice guys hopefully one of your ideas will work

markthom
04-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Good call unclearty, I just removed a ton of white road striping

paint off the bottom panels. I used some 90% rubbing(isopropyl)

alcohol and it came off easily! I used clay on one side but it was

taking forever and ruining my Clay Magic.

I`ve been lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks and have

learned so much from you guys. Kudos, Autopia!

canadian ponies
04-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Had the same problem a little while back use kerosene had to work with it a bit but did the trick, might strip the wax off though! but I know a lot of do it yourself carwash bays when you flip it to wax all you are getting is kerosene deluted in water

Poorboy
04-18-2003, 05:01 PM
ok you didn`t really hear this from me:eek:

Get the cheapest liquid wax you can find, which is mostly petroleum distillates/kerosene and it`ll wipe right off....

actually saw a guy at a show do it with a tissue....melted the tar and paint right off..no work at all:scared

don`t use it too often though....:nixweiss

Zealot
04-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Several months ago, some of that paint got on the lower plastic cladding on our Escape. I got it off the painted area with clay, but the clay wouldn`t budge it from the plastic cladding. But just 10 minutes ago, I totally removed every single bit of the road paint from the plastic cladding on our Escape. How? Penetrating oil spray - like Liquid Wrench and/or PBlaster. I used a whole can! I just sprayed it on the plastic where the paint was, and I saw the paint begin to run. I really doused the area, then wiped with a cloth and most of it came up. Some of the reflective bits in the paint were still lingering so I just sprayed some more and let it drip off. Once I had it all of, I washed it with Dawn and you`d never know it was there. :up