PDA

View Full Version : 303, wipe off or ..

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Kyle
04-15-2003, 12:03 AM
When you use on either tire or dash, do I have to wipe off? I always let it sit and I dont wipe it off.

any comments?

gnahc79
04-15-2003, 01:33 AM
I read a couple threads and tried it for the first time a while ago. I sprayed it on a foam pad, applied it onto the dash, let it sit for a while (couple minutes), and buffed/wiped it off with a MF. Some people let it sit for an hour or two.

Wiping/buffing it makes the entire dash look uniform IMO. Under bright lighting I noticed a few swipe marks of 303 where I didn`t wipe if off enough.

DETAILKING
04-15-2003, 11:46 AM
I apply it liberally with a damp foam applicator to my interior (spreads easier for even coverage, and dilutes it for a lower gloss shine). BEFORE it dries I buff off the excess with a dry MF towel. It`s important to buff off any excess before it dries to avoid streaking.

Hope this helps....

rockafella
04-15-2003, 11:48 AM
Yup same here.... I wait then buff

tupsliats
04-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by DETAILKING

I apply it liberally with a damp foam applicator to my interior (spreads easier for even coverage, and dilutes it for a lower gloss shine).

Same as above, but also because I hate having to get the overspray off the windshield. Comes out a lot more even.

SergC
04-15-2003, 01:01 PM

I apply it liberally with a damp foam applicator to my interior (spreads easier for even coverage, and dilutes it for a lower gloss shine). BEFORE it dries I buff off the excess with a dry MF towel. It`s important to buff off any excess before it dries to avoid streaking.

Hope this helps....

Same here. DK, as usually, rocks :bow

shaf
04-15-2003, 01:57 PM

I apply it liberally with a damp foam applicator to my interior (spreads easier for even coverage, and dilutes it for a lower gloss shine). BEFORE it dries I buff off the excess with a dry MF towel. It`s important to buff off any excess before it dries to avoid streaking. <<---- still applying in a way he doesn`t like himself :rolleyes: Going to try this next time. :xyxthumbs

Paintxpert
04-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Good idea :up

I always found 303 a little `dry` to apply on the dash using a little sponge. Wetting it first should help, thanks :) :cool:

imported_Wes
04-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Those $1 for 3 pack foam paint brush in Walmart/Target works perfect for applying interior protectant......

imported_Kyle
04-15-2003, 07:30 PM
wow thanks for all 303 tips!

maybe it`s just my bottle but doesnt 303 spray nozzle suck?

shaf
04-15-2003, 08:25 PM
I think the liquid might be too thick to produce a spray. My 303 seems permanently stuck on "stream", and my Trigger Wash has the same problem now that I think of it...

3 paintbrushes for $1? You can do better than that! :D Go to a dollar store and you can probably find a pack of 10 for $1. :xyxthumbs

imported_Kyle
04-15-2003, 08:44 PM
for those ppl who apply 303 on tires, (as protectant/dressing), do you apply 303 on only edge (the side) or also on tire tread (surface)?

I`m asking because when I apply accidentally on my leather steering wheel cover, I notice it is so slippery. so I`m wondering if it`s ok to apply 303 on tire surface. (I think it`s big no no..)

I remember somebody got into accident because he used armor all on tire or something..

shaf
04-15-2003, 08:56 PM
:shocked SIDEWALLS ONLY! :scared

In dry weather it might wear off after a few miles, but if you hit any water.... I don`t think anyone dresses the tread unless it`s for a car show, and don`t dress motorcycle tires! I think Armor All explicitly tells you not to do this.

If anyone`s ever put protectant on their floormats or pedals and then tried using them with wet shoes you`ll know why I`m going :shocked

imported_Kyle
04-15-2003, 09:00 PM
lol thanks 4DSC, good thing I asked. sometime ppl have uncommon sense (like me).

DETAILKING
04-15-2003, 09:06 PM
On my continental contisports I apply it to the sidewall and outer pattern of tread......